450 Exi 450 tail not stable

waghari

I have problem with my exi 450 tail waging. As soon I start its wag litle bit towards right and then almost same amount at other direction. I have installed GY 292 gyro. I am using Spektrum dx6i radio. Its very nice radio.Setting on Gyro and radio are below. Also, I have set belt tension and servo arm at righ 90 degree and tail blade right on middle of shaft. Also, try to adjust servo back and forth but no success.Any one can help me to solve my problem will be most appreciate to me so, I can fly my exi which was i am trying to fix since six month.Now really i want to enjoy with summer if can fix this problem.
GY 292 - Gain = almost 50%, direction = Rev.
DX6i - Gyro=40%

thank you

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
On the DX6i, the gyro settings are as follows. From 0-50 is rate mode. From 50 to 100 is heading hold mode. With your gyro set to 40, you are in rate mode. Move it up to about 65 and give it a shot there. If you don't have any tail wag, start moving it up one click at a time. If you get tail wag, then lower it one click at a time. Let me know if this helps.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
+1 on what Tony said. I know exactly what you are talking about, my 250 did the same on rate mode... Just reduce the position1 gain to may be 35 or 40 and raise position0 to 65 ... It'll hold..

Lee

This may not be the right advice for this gyro, but it has worked for everyone i have owned so far. Set the Gyro gain to 100% then adjust the TX gain to the desired % somewhere around 60/70% is a good start.
What i have been told is, if you set the gyro and TX gain at different levels, they get confused. Sort of like having two TV remotes and setting the volume using both. So putting the gyro itself to 100% then adjusting the TX makes thing work better and easier. This is from my own personal experience.

waghari

Thanks guys for help me to solve my problem. I setup my gyro as +1 bit from 70 to 76 and it hold there.Then was waging litl bit at only left side on the floor when i throttle down speed.Then coolgabsi said try on grass and it works great no wag on grass.Settings are below.
Gyro GY-292
Gain=100%, direction= rev.
Specktrum dx6i
GYRO
rate(0: 36.5%, 1: 76.0%)

Top Bottom