EXI 450 crash damage.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey guys if u have seen my other two videos of flight, i flew pretty good.. atleast i thought that.. lol:arms: :D lmao

well, but i crashed good in the end too.. here is the damage.. the base plate is broken from one point, but i am not sure if i can just CA glue it and get it back in thew air. The landing gear came off, but is still in one peice, except for the one little part missing. The tail boom bent just a little. I'll try to gently put it back or just replace it. Flybar surprisingly didnt go as bad as i thought it should have. I can bend it back up, it was very slightly bent downwards... Blades : annihilated obviously..

canopy.. has cracks, will look stupid, but i am gonna run it till i learn.. lol.. i'll cover the holes with packaging tape to stop too much air to come through and interrupt flight or something

Let me know what u think

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1OlKzT0CH7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> :redface:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok everyone... now i need help..

this nis what happened. day 1: i go out to take some pics, its too windy so i decide just to hover and not to fly. and get my friend to take some pics. Well, two minutes into flight i hear my mototr bog, i doubt myself that i picked up the woring battery ( even if i was sure i had charger both) but it had been like a week since, so, i said sure.. it just needs a charge. I take the heli down gently, or say it comes down.... i land it.. charge the battery at 2A till my charger says it full.

NOw DAy 2: today : The battery i checked was not puffed ( i had noticed it was the saem battery ) but unassuming, I out it in , and quickly proceeded to forward flight, trying to get wormed up. Well, 1.30 mins to 2 mins in... my heli sounds slow, and it starts to bog. I hear it... i try to bring it down, trying to auto rotate, but throttle hold was not on.. so i think, it didnt work so well, and it got hit by a wind ghust, and i have a heli with a broken tail, a bent flybr, and a canopy mount off. One blade chiped. I dont know what happened. This has really gotten my confidence down, I am not sure what I am doing wrong..
The battery loked fine. No puff at all.

Didnt get a chane to try the ther one, to see if both batteries are faulty or ESC is giving issues. Please let m eknow what y'all think ... Is the turnigy brand of batteries not very reliable? Can u suggest anything please? i mihgt have to get a charger with mah track.,.. i'll work on that.. but first was with these batteries? ?????

THANKS A LOT guys!

i really appreciate it

Tony

Staff member
The only way to really test this out, is to rebuild the heli so that you can fully test it out. When you get it rebuilt. Just hover through a full battery, all of your batteries. Be sure to check the motor, esc and battery temp when you land. But like I said, you will have to do this after you rebuild it. Sucks, but it's flying lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
May day may day may day!!! Crash !! Why did I try that roll.. My throttle curve was 100-85-75-85-100, as suggested by lhs. Well, my bird lost a ton of height, flipped around as I wanted it to, but it was too close to the ground... There she went. Only damage I see is the head but looks bad. I might need help. Pics coming soon. Ughh... Forward flight was going so good and so stable and controlled. Loosing my confidence... :(

Change my throttle Curve to 100-95-85-95-100.. Hope this helps. Not sure about anything anymore... :(

Tony

Staff member
You tried something new, and it went wrong. Learn from it and do it again. but, practice on the sim, A LOT first.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
honestly.. i practised to a limit that in any orientation,i could do the rolls and flips... i mean i was confident it had to work... was throttle curve something to blame too ?

and here you go... the damage. its only the head... i am happy about that atleast.. but please guide me about the head spindle thing.. m not sure... jesus screw broke...

image-7.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-8.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The throttle curve didn't have anything to do with that. I have mine set at 100 90 80 90 100 and it's just fine. I think you just didn't lower the stick far enough to keep it in the air. You may think you did, but I'm sure that you didn't. Sucks any way you look at it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Did you see the main rotor head set? It's opened up a bit and the two legs that go in the middle thing ate causing a bind cause they are not properly aligned and parallel, all because the gap got bigger..., I have been trying with the life of me to use needle nose and some how bend them back in... No progress. I fixed everything. Only damage was blades, feathering shaft, and this. The flybar held up pretty well again. Let me know some input on how to fix this one thing, else should be fine. Please let me know. FYI I don't have any special tools on hand. So please help me with some creative ideas lol!

Thanks a lot you guys! Looking forward to the fix of this.

Lee

I had the head do that on my 500. Had to by a new head block. No matter how hard you try to straighten it there will be a wobble. Remember these things spin fast. I had a bend in a 450 one too that wasnt even visible to the naked eye. That cause a horrible vibration.

Tony

Staff member
There is no fixing that Gaba, you will have to replace it. Like Lee said, you will be fighting a vibration if you try to fix it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok ill go to lhs and try to find one, if it's too expensive then I'll have to
Order off hk. I hats xheli for their stuff is like always out if stock. Ughh... Poop.

Top Bottom