450 EXI 450 clone problem with "throttle hold"

wingnut

I just got back from the park trying to fly my heli, EXI Carbon Fiber 450-V3
Made two 6 min flights (easy beginner) on the exi using Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack , no problem. put a third battery in, this time using an Blue Lipo 3-Cell 2650mAh 25C.

I tried to take off and in was wild (did not get a foot off the ground) shut her down with no crash.
Checked to see if everything was working, tail OK, swash OK, hit throttle
hold to check collective pitch and NO response! It just sat there and did
not move up and down with stick movement.
All I did was shut down (both TX and RX) change for a fresh battery, and start up again.

ON re-checking at home one of the servos was acting funny (aux) so I replaced it. Seems to respond well now.
BUT when I hit the throttle hold on the DX6i the swash plate moves to the lowest position and will not respond to left stick movement both in NORM and STUNT modes.
I think I can fly the heli now that I replaced the one servo so long as I don't switch to throttle hold position.

I also have another 450 heli (copterx 450 pro). When I try this one the throttle hold works as it should using another channel!

Using a DX6i with the EXI 450
OrangeRx Spektrum DSM2 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver with Satellite Receiver
Hobby King 401B AVCS Digital Head Lock Gyro
TowerPro H40A Brushless ESC Exceed RC Alpha Brushless Motor 400-3500 kv
HK15158A Digital BB/Coreless Mini Servo 25g / 2.8kg / 0.07s
T-Pro Mini Servo SG-90 X 3

Any ideas why the throttle hold does not work with one heli but does with the other using the same transmitter.? I think I have them both set up properly.

New to the RC world

Hamish

Tony

Staff member
Go into your pitch settings menu, and check where your curve is set at. It should be the same as your idle up curve. 0 25 50 75 100

wingnut

I don't know how I missed that! Problem fixed. I must have thought I was in Throttle curve instead of pitch curve when I set hold as 0 across the board.

Thanks

One more thing- the orange tail servo- HobbyKing 15158A Digital BB/Coreless Mini Servo 25g / 2.8kg / 0.07s is always buzzing even when not attached to anything. Is this normal for a cheap servo?

Thanks

Hamish

Tony

Staff member
All digital servos will make more noise than an analog servo. An analog servo is only getting around 50 pulses a second, whereas the digitals are getting over 300 pulses per second. So, I will call that normal operation for that servo as long as it's working, and centering correctly.

Top Bottom