450 everything's wrong

dperry

First off, post crash and rebuild, swash is level, 0 pitch at midstick +- 10 at full. No lift. Only way to get lift is about 18° full throttle. Second, will this much pitch affect my tail because at full right pitch it still yaws left. The counterclockwise spinning has been an issue ever since the crash. It is a trex clone and I know you get what you pay for, I just see no reason the nose won't stay straight. Upgraded gyro and tail servo recommended by guardian. Help please!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like your setup is sound, but there are other issues. Are you sure you are getting these pitch settings when the blades are spinning? What is your throttle curve? Try putting the helicopter at 3/4 stick with throttle hold on, and see if you can flatten out the blades with your hand. Then, while holding a blade, move the throttle all the way up. You should see pretty good torque fighting you to move the blades. Also be looking for binding or bending.

gaurdian

just wondering when you set up your heli is your tx set up also before you start setting up your heli? I tried pm you the way I set mine up but your box is full and won't let me..

Lee

Make sure your pitch curve is linear 0 to 100 in all modes including Throttle Hold.
Recheck servo 90º.
Recheck the pitch at low mid and high stick.
Unplug motor wires to stop spool up, and recheck pitch at all points in all modes. Should still be approx +- 10º and 0º midstick.
Re-setup your desired pitch curve in Normal mode, example: 44,47,50,75,100 ( -1º to 10º)
If this is all correct, then you should be able to lift off easily.
If not, then check motor RPM. Maybe put up a video for us to listen to the RPM.

As for the tail.
Check you have the tail belt twisted the correct way. ( when looking at the tail disc, blades rotate CCW)
Check my Gyro/servo set up video for clarification of compensation directions.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

dperry

Box is empty. Thanks guardian.

- - - Updated - - -

I will try starting completely over using all of your suggestions. IM NOT GIVING UP! Thanks for the quick responses, if you think of anything else don't hesitate

callsign4223

Staff member
We try not to correct issues in PM. The reason for that is that someone else might be having the same issue and by working it out through the forum thread that person will be helped as well.

Stambo

Dude make a video, then we hear as well as see what is going on.
I would wonder whether you have enough head speed for some reason.
Have you tried recalibrating the ESC to your TX?

dperry

Wouldn't know how to do that, or that it was even an option. Come to think of it my problems started after the crash, but I also changed to a spectrum setup instead of stock while rebuilding. Could that be my problem?

Stambo

Recalibrating the ESC to your TX.
Remove main blades.
Turn on transmitter and put throttle to full.
Plug battery in to heli and wait for beeps.
Put throttle low and wait for more beeps.
Unplug heli battery and turn off transmitter.
Test. :)

trainrider06

If your main shaft is bent, or you have some binding in the head somewhere that would cause pitch to be stubborn not allowing it to lift off...
Maybe main gear mesh is too tight also robbing the heli of power....Since you switched radio's there could be a setting in there that is off too i suppose..

amastron

Recalibrating the ESC to your TX.
Remove main blades.
Turn on transmitter and put throttle to full.
Plug battery in to heli and wait for beeps.
Put throttle low and wait for more beeps.
Unplug heli battery and turn off transmitter.
Test. :)

Thanks Stambo, I was wondering how to do this myself!

Top Bottom