ESC Esc report

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've been having problem with my old esc" yep 45a" and decided to go with CC talon 35a esc and just the quality built of this esc compare to the Yep, There's no comparing the two. I'm very pleased with the Talon 35a. I wanted to buy the Talon 50a lite but couldn't afford it at the time being but i will save for a back up one that for sure. From now on, named brands electronics is the way to go for me.

cml001

CC are very good.. I've recently replaced my ESCs w them and like them a lot! If u do get a edge 50 for ur 450... Get the lite version... I did not thinking..it'll fit.. Nope.. Had to modify my canopy for it to fit... But yeah .... Good stuff from castle.. Get the quick connect too if u can.. Keeps u from having to unplug from the receiver every time u wanna download the files or make changes.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
Picture keeps rolling.. Lol.. Anyway.. This is the only pic I've got on my phone of it, but if u look toward the nose.. U can see the ESC sticking out a bit.. I cut out the canopy and trimmed it with orange fuel tubing to clean it up a bit.. Works fantastically.. But the lite would have been better as it would have fit under the tray..

image.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm happy with my CC esc. I have mine mounted underneath main gear and between motor & tail servo. Closer to the center of heli. What's under the cover?

cml001

? The red canopy cover?

image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This one has the CC Edge 120HV.. Mounted on the bottom plate under the main gear.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Derek

I'm glad you have made progress D.O.G.! You'll be quite happy with the new esc, I'm sure!

I know that this thread is about the "esc issue" but I just had to say....cml001...that's an awesome canopy on that 550! Love the colors!!!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Derek, I'm very pleased with the esc. Now I'm getting the hag of flying in stunt mode vs normal mode, this esc is running a lot smoother than the YEP 45a. and making it fun to fly.

murankar

Staff member
a 450 should not need a normal CC 50. I have the lite on my Guai and it just fits under the canopy and the regular one would have needed modifications to the frame.

cml001

Yeah... When I picked it up I thought... Heat sink.. Dats the one!.. Then got home with it and was like.. Crap!.. But.. All is well with it.. Quick cut on the canopy and she still looks pretty... Works like a charm.. But as I stated above.. Go lite on the 450.. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom