700 ESC of choice

toranarod

Hi I have a 700 I am setting up . Motot is a RCM-BL700MX 510KV H1006. What would be the ESC of choice in the 700 world of guys in the know .
I been look around and reading forums, getting a bit confusing.
cheers

cml001

Castle Edge 120HV or 160HV... Depends on the amps the motor draws... Personally on a 700 size Id go 160.. But a lot of fellas in my area use the 120 and it performs just fine.

Lee

Yeh, Castle or Hobbywing are the best value for money without compromising quality.
Cheaper ones of note are the YEP from HK
More expensive, Scorpion Commander, YGE, and the Rolls Royce of ESCs, Kontronic.

I have the Castle in my Goblin, and the Hobbywing V3 in my Warp 360. Both are great.

toranarod

Thanks guys for your input. I am building my first Align 700. Been putting many hours of practice on Trex 450 and a Hk 500 with fly bar and with out. The 700 is a awesome Helicopter, very excited. Its a big jump in cost so buying the correct accessories is helpful doing it twice just because i chose wrong not funny.

I am going to look up your suggestion .

:notworthy:

Tony

Staff member
I agree. The new Castle ESC's are really good and you will not be disappointed with it. And won't break the bank like some others.

DeWayne

I have the Trex 550E pro DFC (600 size if you ask me) I have the 730MX 850KV motor and I'm using the Castle Creation Talon 90 ESC http://www.castlecreations.com/products/talon.html and it preforms great no problems and it's a great balance for a great bang for your buck i would suggest the same thing or the castle creation Talon HV 120 with built in bec again this depends on you motor size

Smoggie

Late to the party. Basically +1 on what's been said already. Castle Creations are good ESC's and easy to setup and use. The Castle Governor is especially easy to setup, the only negatives are the need to buy a USB programming dongle, and the rather unusual 'fixed endpoint' throttle calibration procedure. You do hear some very negative press on Castles because a few years ago the HV versions had terrible problems with bursting into flames earning them the nickname of 'Castle Cremations':nightmare: but there was a big recall and the problem was fixed.

I personally prefer the Hobbywing V3 ESC at smaller sizes and the YGE on larger HV sizes, but I usually pick up the YGE's second hand because they are a bit steep new. The Hobbyking YEP and Rotorstar ESC's are clones of the YGE and pretty much as good for a fraction of the price.

I also need an ESC for a 700. At the risk of sounding ignorant, I though the talon HV was only a BEC. LOL, I'm so glad that there is some intelligent life out there.

Top Bottom