General ESC arming.

concodd

Ok! Will have a lot of questions coming your way, seem to be chasing my tail and get very confused. I have done the bind and all seems ok between the RX and TX. My ESC is not sending out an audible beep and giving me alternating yellow and red lights which according to the instructions means Arm Lock. Does my motor have to be connected up in order for this function to work?

Tony

Staff member
I would take the blades off the head and tail, then plug the motor it. You will not hear an audible beep without the motor hooked up. You can also remove the pinion, but the blades are easier to remove and put back on.

concodd

I messed around a bit yesterday with my sub trim, but noticed that not all servos responded to the commands from the TX, (they just sat there and did not move) one did,but once adjusted it continued to move as if the downward force was pushing it and stopped when it was able to compensate. Also as per one of your videos, when i tried to reverse a servo there was no obvious movement in the servo. hope this makes sense.

Tony

Staff member
sub trim should be adjust only in DIR mode. Never outside of DIR mode. And make sure you are on 120º 3 servo in your swash menu.

concodd

another quick one, my pitch is good down and up no problem but my swash mix is a mess when i adjust the plus and minus factor I get no play up or down on the side servos ELEV does all the work.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you are asking here. The swash mix is used to adjust your cyclic and collective pitch numbers. The aileron and elevator numbers should be exactly the same, with teh pitch being the only number that doesn't match.

concodd

Yea, I thought it might be hard to understand. The elevator stick works well with all 3 servos going up and down together. But when I try to use the Aileron stick, I can't get it to work the way you do in your video clip. When I go to use the ailerons the elevator goes up and down and the pitch and aileron servos(left and right servos) don't go up and down when the stick is pushed left to right. Maybe I need to reverse something.

Tony

Staff member
If you are pushing right and the swash it tilting left, then all you need to do is take your swash mix aileron number from a positive to a negative, or vice-versa. This will reverse the cyclic movements. And again, your ele and ail numbers should be the same.

concodd

I am thinking that also, but not sure how to reverse the problem. I have gone into the reverse setting mode but it does not seem to change that much.

Ok this is what I see on the video. When you move the aileron the elevator is moving. I only setup a 3gx once and I followed Tony's video every step. I then changed to an IKon system and have never looked back.

As far as reversing the servo that is easy but first we need the elevator to move when you push the sticks up or down and the aileron to move when you push left or right. I am just taking a guess that maybe you have your servos plugged into the wrong slots of the 3GX?????

Once you can get that figured then if you move the elevator up and the servo pulls or the swash pulls back then you would go into your transmitter and reverse the elevator there. Same with the aileron, if you move the stick right and the swash moves left then go into your transmitter and reverse that setting.. If you have a spektrum transmitter I can tell you exactly how to do that if you are unsure.

Sorry that is about all the help I have.

Tony

Staff member
The rear servo, or the one that is directly in line with teh main shaft and tail boom is your elevator. It looks like you have your elevator and/or pitch wires reversed. Make sure you have them plugged into the correct ports on the Rx.

Top Bottom