450 erazor 450 tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFowler1225

Well, here's the problem, the part that holds the tail blade in just popped off after a few test hovers. The blade snapped when it flew out but the base of the tail is still screwed in, its the tail rotor holder. I know its a cheap heli and the manual is rather vague. Looks like the screw that the manual calls it #22 part socket screw m2*5. Now does anyone know what the m2*5 refers to because that thing is god knows where and if I can just buy one local that would be much easier than an entire expensive tail set online with slow shipping because I can't just find that one piece alone. And that's a hex screw I take it? And I heard locktight only works with metal on metal, true? Thanks for any help.

murankar

Staff member
its a metric screw that is 5mm long. As for the 2 part it might be the diameter of the screw or the thread pitch.

Derek

if it's just the screw that you are missing, you should be able to go to your local hobby shop and find a new screw. It will probably come in a 4 pack, possibly a two pack. Nonetheless, you should be able to find it.

as for the locktite...yeah, only metal on metal applications. I'm not sure I'd use it when installing a screw into plastic. If you did apply locktite to a screw that installed into plastic parts, I'm sure it would hold...I'm just not sure how easily it would be to remove the screw, later on, without difficulty or damage.

CFowler1225

Thanks for the fast replies guys. Yeah locktight is a desperate measure and might melt it to get it out, the other issue is theres no local rc hobby shop worth crap near me, but the other spare tail screws screw right in although the heads are too small to do anything, so I was just looking for a quick fix until I can replace the issue, maybe I'll find a washer or something. Not going to idle up or anything, just looking to test the pitch and hover until I can lock this down the right way.

Tony

Staff member
One thing that I can not stress enough, NEVER do a "quick fix" on these. If they hit you just right, with their head speed, they can cut you bad enough to cause serious injury or death. You must make sure everything is setup perfectly before every flight.

As for your issue, if you can post a picture of what is broke, or better yet, a video, we can help you much better. We will get this helicopter setup and in teh air safely, just stick with it and you will get it. But please, be safe about it.

Stambo

One thing that I can not stress enough, NEVER do a "quick fix" on these. If they hit you just right, with their head speed, they can cut you bad enough to cause serious injury or death. You must make sure everything is setup perfectly before every flight.

As for your issue, if you can post a picture of what is broke, or better yet, a video, we can help you much better. We will get this helicopter setup and in teh air safely, just stick with it and you will get it. But please, be safe about it.

Agree 100%. Even once they stitch your fingers back on the feeling is never the same.
Better to wait and get the right thing than wish you had after the damage is done.

Lee

Your youtube video is set to Private. Go into your setting and change it to public.

Tony

Staff member
Because you have less than 10 posts, any video or URL link that is posted on the forum is automatically moderated. Just be patient, and we will approve any future links or videos.

As stated though, your video is set to private. Please set it to unlisted or public so that people on the forum can view it.

and by the way, once you hit 10 posts, the moderation will stop.

CFowler1225

ah I see, didn't realize I couldn't put videos on yet and I was just going to delete it. Anyway I have the solution! I was just orgionally asking if it had to be the official screw to replace it with or if another would work BUT check this out! I searched and searched last night and found the answer. Its m2x5 although they use a * in the manual. The m2 is the thread size and 5mm is the length. I google shopped it and ebay had some, I filtered it for north America only then by price. I always check the item location to decide shipping time, WELLL the 2nd one I clicked just happened to be in the town I live in! As I said there's no local hobby stores but this guy has an rc ebay store, woot! I sent him a message and asked if he sells locally, he gave me his phone number and I'm getting a 10 pack of official screws for 2 bucks in a couple of hours! Thanks for the responses guys and I wasn't going to zip tie blades on lol, yes I do enjoy my fingers and eyes the way they are :)

Tony

Staff member
That is a sweet deal right there. Finding someone local to you with spare parts is rare. and as for the safety aspect of everything, you would be amazed at what we have seen on here. Even my moderator and team pilot made a mistake that cost him his helicopter AND his ceiling hahaha. Mistakes happen, we just try to avoid them.

make sure to post video when you get it up and running!

CFowler1225

Thanks, I'm working on getting it to 0 tonight, lol took it to work with me, slow night at the hotel. Anyway screwing with the dx6, I cchecked the monitor... It was way off, did a stick calibration so it's perfect now and working on that 0 pitch. I'll report back

Tony

Staff member
Since this is an old thread, I"m going to go ahead and close it. You have the other one going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom