450 Erazor 450 impossible tail

CFowler1225

20140722_183047.jpg20140722_183059.jpg

Changed the entire tail out with the spares I had, belt, rotor holder, blades, tail gear attached to the main gear, every piece I have and a couple trex 450 tail parts, tightened all the surprisingly loose screws on the main rotor shaft. The belt and belt gear looked a little worn... I don't even know which exact part needed changed but something worked. I'm uploading a video for you!

20140722_183047.jpg

20140722_183059.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure your belt wasn't too loose? Or even the OWB going bad? Don't ask why I just thought of this even though the belt was mentioned above somewhere lol. Look forward to the video!

Tony

Staff member
OH, and this makes me miss my Razor lmao. Yes, I had one. Wonder if I can get that back from Paul...

Tony

Staff member
lmao, yeah probably. Nah, I was getting into the HK clones and I was trying to get Paul into flying. Would be nice to have my first ever CCPM helicopter back though. If for nothing else, just to put on the shelf to see where I have gone in the hobby.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, my Align 450 is my go to 450. Btu I also have an HK450GT.

Anyway, my thinking is that your gear on your tail shaft was slipping. grab the shaft and see if you can spin the gear. I bet you can.

Tony

Staff member
I have not had that happen on the Razor, however, I did have it happen on the HK250GT. Glad we were able to track down the issue. Now, get us some video of that thing in the air! :biggrin1:

hawk-i

correct me if I'm wrong guys but when I'm behind all my 450's and I move my stick to the left the tail slides to the right and vice versa and my 450's hold tail fine. from the video it looks like when he moves stick to the left the tail slides left and that's wrong. just my observation. hope it helps

- - - Updated - - -

Opps sorry . didn't know you had it fixed already. I'll go back to sleep.

murankar

Staff member
Dont fly by the tail in a hover or forward flying. Use the nose of the heli instead. But to answer your question if the stick is moved left tail moves right because the nose moves left and vise versa for right sick.

The only time you might fly by the tail is in backward flight and even then you should be keying off the nose mostly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom