Scale Enter My Latest Scale Venture

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah the retracts were a trick to get just right. They are electric retracts with some linkage to the wheel system. I was bummed there is no way to slow them down to look more scale. But they are pretty dependable so I here.

Tony

Staff member
Can you not lower the voltage to them to slow them down? Some kind of step down regulator? Just a thought.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I've got the heli (servos, fbl controller) running on 8v and a separate battery with a regulator for the lights and retracts running on 6v. I tried 5v or less to the retracts on the bench but they seemed like the just lost power but didn't slow down any..

Tony

Staff member
Very interesting. I have a set of electric retracts here for a P-40 and adjusting the voltage will adjust the speed of them. I wonder if you were drawing too many amps at a lower voltage... I may have to play with this. My other plane with retracts, the F4U, are servo actuated so I can slow them down with my Tx in the speed menu. I guess we will see when I get this new plane built lol. Going to be a while. It's nothing but toothpicks right now lmao.

Top Bottom