Scale Enter My Latest Scale Venture

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, maiden hover...lol. Just need mother nature to cooperate. I flew the mechanics before I installed them so should be pretty smooth..
T

Tony

Staff member
At least get us a picture of you standing next to it, or holding it so we can grasp the size of this beast. lol

murankar

Staff member
That thing is sweet looking. What is that an 800 class heli? Good luck that is going to be a mint to get flying and when it does you'll be scared as hell to crash it. Good luck and happy building.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, its a 800 size. I will take a picture holding it when I can. Out of town for a while. The blades in the picture are 750mm. I was thinking of changing to 800s but of course I'll test fly it first. The tail blades were 105s but when I flew the mechanics it felt like it could use a bit more tail authority so I changed to 112s. See how that does. The drive ratio is quite low at 13.8:1 and the tail at 4.7:1 geared for a low head speed. Hopefully next weekend..
T

murankar

Staff member
you might have that thing in the low 1000s for head speed. you may need to push about 14 degrees of pitch if your head speed is low enough.

Capn Pete

IMPRESSIVE! Can't wait to see the finished heli. I'm looking to get into scale soon. (On a MUCH smaller scale!). Any advice on where to look for bodies, etc.? I have seen videos of people using WL V913 with a Huey UH1 body, but have no idea where to look. Found one website, (Hajime), but it's all in chicken scratch writing. No help there.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
For a first time scale project, I’d say Funkey, Centry or maybe Roban. 450 to 600 size is nice. My advise would be to take a flying pod and boom and install them into a fuselage. Check EBay, Scaleflying.com or Centuryheli.com. Vario models are more for the advanced builder.
T

Capn Pete

Awesome. Am still in thinking stage. Wanting to maybe change my V913 to brushless, then start with a scale build for it. Thanks for helpful info!

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok folks, got a chance this morning to test the Bell. A few issues to deal with. One it has a slight vibration that seemed to get better in flight. I will check the blades for balance. The machine is slightly tail heavy which could explain why she was so sensitive feeling to me. I don't fly with any expo (old school)...lol. 1200rpm for the majority of the flight. Tired 1350 but the vibration got worse. All in all not bad. The video was my sons girl friend with her iPhone so sorry for that. That's her holding the bird too. Thanks, T

Attachments

• IMG_2962.JPG
    IMG_2962.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Capn Pete

That is so fargin' awesome! A truly fine build! I coldn't tell, but it looked like you have retracts too. I want to do a scale heli so badly. Been looking at a couple of sites, but not sure what frame to use. Been thinking of maybe an Align.

Tony

Staff member
Oh yea, it has retracts. That is just something that puts this build over the edge! lol. Very Airwolf style.

Top Bottom