700 Engine choice for Align TREX 700N DFC

Kram

Hi guys any advice which engine to us for Align TREX 700N DFC? I watched a video on youtube on how to build the 700N and they used OS91 but there is a lot of OS91 engine. Hope to hear your opinions soon.

Thank you

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey kram

Well the answer is very simple on the kind of flying you do sir :)

Os 91 is a trusty engine .. Now it's not just that simple anymore ... Os 91 has a ton of versions ..

Hz-h 3.35hp
Hzr 3.45hp
Hzr 3D 3.65hp
Hzr 3C 3.55hp
Hzr-3D limited edition lol 3.65hp

Hz was discontinued. Ao buying that new wont give you any warranty.

Hzr and onwards are still warrantied by os
Now that if you are buying them new. If you are someone like me, buying them used (preferred) then it doesn't matter :)

Then for this size you also have os 105 and up... 3.85 + hp .... You into stick banging 3D?

Going to a different company you have the ys 120 ... People who have tuned nitros well and are very comfortable with tuning sometimes even just give up on this engine. It just doesn't wanna stay tuned. People at my field switched from that to os91 and were much happier.

Ys 91 has a ton of models too.

Main difference between os and ys motors is that ys runs on a higher rpm about 1000 more than OS.. But is more difficult to tune in some cases.

Smaller ys engines like the 56 and the 60 have had great success and they were the tune once and forget kind.. And made constant power. But bigger ones not so much .. That's IMO and knowledge.

Then you have thunder tiger and redline.. Etc

Now ask me what I would pick:

Os 91 hzr 3C if I wasn't doing fast smack 3D but was looking for high headspeed and smooth engine

If I couldn't find that for some reason I would go for the hzr (r for regulated... Not sure how familiar you are with engines)

Os 105 needs a very special pipe and getting the engine and the right pipe is 800+ new.

Now how do I know all this when I don't even fly a 700n yet.. Cause I was planning a big block mod on my. 50 and I have researched all this to death .. And talked to people flying 700n for a while and all had a similar option ..

All comes down to again.. Your flying... And your cash flow... What kind of money you thinking to spend on it?

I already know people with deals on a lot of these engines as I am in prospect of may be buying one too. Got a guy selling his 91hz with hitori sb17 for 180 lol .. That's chump change for what this engine is

And a guy wanting to sell me 91 hzr new for 235.. I mean why would I even buy new? Lol

I don't want to you to buy from these guys if you don't want to :) just wanted you to show the market. :)

Lemme know more details so we can get you to a decision :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Kram

Hey kram

Well the answer is very simple on the kind of flying you do sir :)

Os 91 is a trusty engine .. Now it's not just that simple anymore ... Os 91 has a ton of versions ..

Hz-h 3.35hp
Hzr 3.45hp
Hzr 3D 3.65hp
Hzr 3C 3.55hp
Hzr-3D limited edition lol 3.65hp

Hz was discontinued. Ao buying that new wont give you any warranty.

Hzr and onwards are still warrantied by os
Now that if you are buying them new. If you are someone like me, buying them used (preferred) then it doesn't matter :)

Then for this size you also have os 105 and up... 3.85 + hp .... You into stick banging 3D?

Going to a different company you have the ys 120 ... People who have tuned nitros well and are very comfortable with tuning sometimes even just give up on this engine. It just doesn't wanna stay tuned. People at my field switched from that to os91 and were much happier.

Ys 91 has a ton of models too.

Main difference between os and ys motors is that ys runs on a higher rpm about 1000 more than OS.. But is more difficult to tune in some cases.

Smaller ys engines like the 56 and the 60 have had great success and they were the tune once and forget kind.. And made constant power. But bigger ones not so much .. That's IMO and knowledge.

Then you have thunder tiger and redline.. Etc

Now ask me what I would pick:

Os 91 hzr 3C if I wasn't doing fast smack 3D but was looking for high headspeed and smooth engine

If I couldn't find that for some reason I would go for the hzr (r for regulated... Not sure how familiar you are with engines)

Os 105 needs a very special pipe and getting the engine and the right pipe is 800+ new.

Now how do I know all this when I don't even fly a 700n yet.. Cause I was planning a big block mod on my. 50 and I have researched all this to death .. And talked to people flying 700n for a while and all had a similar option ..

All comes down to again.. Your flying... And your cash flow... What kind of money you thinking to spend on it?

I already know people with deals on a lot of these engines as I am in prospect of may be buying one too. Got a guy selling his 91hz with hitori sb17 for 180 lol .. That's chump change for what this engine is

And a guy wanting to sell me 91 hzr new for 235.. I mean why would I even buy new? Lol

I don't want to you to buy from these guys if you don't want to :) just wanted you to show the market. :)

Lemme know more details so we can get you to a decision :)

Thank you for your feedback coolgabsi i am still new in this hobby. actually i just started building mt align 450 dfc and had the 700n as a gift as a relative was in Hong Kong for the holidays. i do not think i will be doing 3d for now but hopefully soon. i just want something that is ready for me when i decided to take the next level. I am actually torn between the os91HZ-R 3c and 0s91HZ-R 3d the price is actually the same i am just concern of the tuning part and the fuel consumption. Correct me if i'm wrong sir, if the engine has more HP it also has a high fuel consumption correct?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well not too much. The fuel consumption goes up with Hp only if you use that Hp all the way.

You at the learning stage wouldn't get near that an it won't matter at all!!
Man great present! I wanna send a relative to honk king!! Hahahahha! ;)

You will have same or similar flight times. Will not make ANY difference.

Os91hz-r 3C and 3D ?

I would definitely pick 3C . It's smoother and is meant for sport to slow 3D... Will do stick banging 3D with no issues but won't have that extra .01 Hp that a pro will care about a hahahahha :)

You'll love the OS engine .

And 3C allows for a higher rpm... It's a beautiful engine!!

Kram

imagemagic.php

Features found in both versions include:

Lightweight, machined heatsink head
Big-bore carburetors best-suited for the intended use (F3C or 3D)
Best precision advanced exhaust cylinder timing (for F3C or 3D)
Newly designed combustion chambers, shaped to match the big bore carburetors and advanced exhaust cylinder timing
Lightweight, forged steel crankshaft counter weight to lower vibration for higher speeds
Improved back plate shape, to accommodate Futaba's BPS-1 RPM Sensor and increase primary pressure for greater stability

91HZ-R 3C Speed Engine Red

Achieve faster flight speeds and improved hovering stability. In order to get the greatest power from this engine, the carburetor intake bore is maximized to 11.6mm. To match the large bore intake, the cylinder exhaust timing has been advanced to 170 degrees. This all contributes to extreme horsepower with high speeds for stable hovering.

Package Included:
O.S. Speed 91 HZ-R 3C Helicopter Engine
GLOW PLUG NO.8
Instruction Manual

SPECIFICATIONS:
Stock Numbers:
OSMG1980 91HZ-R 3C Speed Red 61F
Displacement: 0.91 cu in (14.9 cc)
Bore: 1.09 in (27.7 mm)
Stroke: 0.98 in (24.8 mm)
Output: 3.6 hp @ 15500 rpm
Practical RPM Range: 2,000-16,500
Weight (w/o Muffler): 21.2 oz (603 g)

imagemagic.php

Features found in both versions include:

Lightweight, machined heatsink head
Big-bore carburetors best-suited for the intended use (F3C or 3D)
Best precision advanced exhaust cylinder timing (for F3C or 3D)
Newly designed combustion chambers, shaped to match the big bore carburetors and advanced exhaust cylinder timing
Lightweight, forged steel crankshaft counter weight to lower vibration for higher speeds
Improved back plate shape, to accommodate Futaba's BPS-1 RPM Sensor and increase primary pressure for greater stability
The cover plate has a cell to accept a sensor designed to install in the cover plate from Futaba GY701 / CGY750 Governor

91HZ-R 3D Speed Black
Pilots who slam the sticks will be very impressed with the 3D version. This engine develops all the high performance required for stable horsepower at any attitude. The big bore carburetor (11.2mm) is specially designed to develop stable horsepower at 70~80% throttle which is widely used in 3D flight. The matched cylinder exhaust timing has been advanced to 165 degrees.

Package Included:
O.S. Speed Tuned .91HZ-R Helicopter Engine with Pump, 61G Carb
#8 Glow Plug
Check Valve
Head Gasket 0.2mm
OS Speed Decal and English Instruction manual

SPECIFICATIONS:
Stock Numbers:
OSMG1982 91HZ-R 3D Speed Black 61G
Displacement: 0.91 cu in (14.9 cc)
Bore: 1.09 in (27.7 mm)
Stroke: 0.98 in (24.8 mm)
Output: 3.6 hp @ 15500 rpm
Practical RPM Range: 2,000-16,500
Weight (w/o Muffler): 21.2 oz (603 g)

" this are the details that i can find comparing this two engine. pretty much their the same lol :glee:"

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep but power bands and bhp curves would be different.

Regardless.. You would really like your bird if you go 91hzr 3c

Now I just got a pm from a guy wanting to sell his os105 with os powerboost tuned pipe for 500.. Heck of a deal lol

Great power for trex700n too.. Lol

Kram

Yep but power bands and bhp curves would be different.

Regardless.. You would really like your bird if you go 91hzr 3c

Now I just got a pm from a guy wanting to sell his os105 with os powerboost tuned pipe for 500.. Heck of a deal lol

Great power for trex700n too.. Lol

Thank a lot for tour help bro. Il contact you if i have more questions.

Cheers

Top Bottom