700 Electronics on Protos Max 2

Erfan

Hi guys

I have 3 questions regarding electronics installation on Protos Max 2.

On my trex 700e DFC I have CC Bec Pro attached to a 3cell lipo. It works great, and it outputs 8v to my HV cyclic and tail servos.
On Protos there is not much room for a extra batteri, I was thinking of connection the CC Bec Pro to one of the 2 main packs (negativ lead).
I have read the CC looses ability to give same amount as power when connected to a 6 cell instead of 2-3 cell.

Would the above setup still be OK with HV servos?
I will be using Align BL815H for cyclic and Align BL855H for tail. They will all get 8v.

I think CC gives around 13 amp continuous current when input is 6cell. That is max 3 amps for each servo when Brain, receiver and CC Edge 160HV fan has taken what they need.

The cables from CC Bec Pro needs to be made longer. I have 2 choices, I can either make the 2 servo cables longer (around 35cm) or I can make the input cable longer (around 35cm).
Which would be best? I know ESC does not like long input cable, is it the same with a BEC, the same problem with ripple?
If I make the 2 servo output cable longer I will use thicker cables almost all the way until the very last part which will go into the servo connectors so the last 2-3cm will be servo cables.
Going the other way around I could also make the input cable thicker to compensate for the longer cables.

3. I have Brain v2, it can be installed in any direction on any one of the unit sides, it does not have to be installed on its "belly". Most FBL needs to be installed exactly in the middle of the heli, along with the boom.
Is it the same with brain? Or could it be installed next to the frame, that is couple of cm from the middle which would be aligned with the boom? Could not find any info about that.
Or does it needs to be installed exactly in the middle of the heli no matter which side of the unit gets attached to the frame?

Thanks for all the help.

Smoggie

The BEC pro will be fine running off one of the 6S batteries, It's an BEC that's how it's really intended to be powered (that's why it's called Battery Eliminator Circuit). I use one on one of my helis with no issues. It's output only really starts to reduce significantly if you power it from the full 12S battery voltage.

BEC's work like ESC's so you should ideally not extend the input leads.

Can't help with the Brain installation, but in theory it should really make any difference if it's on the centre of the heli or not.

murankar

Staff member
The gyro need to be square to the ground if mounted vertical or square to the frame if mounted horizontal.

As for the bec you should not hook it up to the full 12S voltage. It should be hooked up on the negative of the 6S voltage.

Top Bottom