450 Electrical fault

treff

I have had an intermittent electrical fault on one of my 450 helis for ages. Sometimes it would start first time, other times it was dead. I stripped that thing down
around 8 times and found nothing and it work just fine so I thought I had cured the problem. I found the fault today. Trouble was the heli was 80 feet in the air and travelling
quite fast. Some how a sat lead and servo lead had shorted out end result one very dead 450. The list of spares is to long to write LOL I think a new heli is whats need lol.
Live and learn. Crash, repair, replace Fly on. Cheers

Derek

Oh no! That sucks! I'm real sorry to hear that, treff. After all the troubles that you've had over the last 6 months, I was really hoping that your "gremlins" had gone away.

PS..I moved this thread from the RC Lounge to the 450 helicopter section.

Last edited:

treff

Thanks Derek, forgot to put in the right section again. Yes bit of a bummer especially when the weather was so good, still parts are on the way. I have most of the bits
so wont be to long in dock. I also like to fly my flybared heli which I think is nicer to fly. Both helicopters are identical same servos etc but one is fly-bared and the other flybarless.
The fly-barred heli is so smooth to fly. Nice and relaxing. Yesterday I was flying and the sun was very low in the sky and I got blinded. Open the throttle but I completely lost it
for what seemed like ages but it sort of parked itself in the sky. Very lucky lol Cheers

Graham Lawrie

I had exactly the same thing with mine Treff, without the crash:) it was pure luck I found the wire that was cut through. Very hard to spot:)

Lee

Unlucky Treff. At least you know what it was now, and can be sure it won't happen again after the rebuild.

treff

Thanks guys. Yes bit of a set back but no real problems. Should tidy my wiring better lol I also found the oneway bearing badly broken and the spacer ring worn
halfway through, so quite a few faults all together. Lucky the cyclic servos survived but all the arms were broken so lucky there. Well it wont be long in dock
been thinking of changing the 3gx system for something else. It does not seem to suite, I just can not get it to sort of gel and fly smoothly. I think I may try
the beastx if funds allow. Still waiting for my RF sim, getting a bit worried now because of the time its taking to come from the US. Cheers all

Graham Lawrie

Normally gets held up in customs:( when mine was late it was for that very reason and I ended up getting clobbered for tax and postage:)

Ken Jackson

Save that 3GX for when you buy a 500, I know it works well on that size. Still haven't gotten my 450 PRO with 3 GX off the ground but it won't be long. Problems with the tail holding.

Top Bottom