General Eflite p51 micro

Rikrik51

Hi folks just got my first fixed wing-eflite micro p51-just waiting for the wind to drop,just something to mess around with when waiting for heli parts lol but I can see me getting into it further-any tips? either on particular plane or fixed wing flying (beginning) in general,any input welcome

Tony

Staff member
They are small, and very quick, just be ready for it. Should have stability built into the board so it should fly really well. Congrats on the kit, can't wait to see it in the air!

Rikrik51

Hi Tony,yeah it got gyro , seen the uploads on them so got an idea what there like also had a bash on sim,I'll keep you posted,got dual rates set at 100%-70% like it says in manual that sound right to you?

Tony

Staff member
Start off with them on 70 and you might even want to add in about 25 to 30% expo just to help tame it down, especially on the elevator. If that one is like the micros I have flown, the elevator is way over sensitive. But once you get it in the air and get it trimmed out, they are an absolute blast to fly!!!

Tony

Staff member
I would say we need video, but these things are incredibly hard to capture on camera lol.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, for the size they are very fast and very quick. But, you didn't say you crashed it so I'm guessing all is well.

Rikrik51

Well didn't crash but flipped it over landing,grass was a bit long for its tiny wheels lol,probably better taking landing gear off and belly landing,very pleased for first fixed wing flight ever!
BTW that meat looked good

Tony

Staff member
If you have grass to land on, yes, take those landing gears off. Much softer than flipping it because of the gears. Don't feel bad, I have flipped 30" planes landing in grass. Broke a rudder on one of them.

And that Brisket was fantastic! Somehow, we are still eating on it lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
did you get the BL kind? I have it on order at my local hoby shop as well. I will get it soon. The BL version I have heard has tons of speed and really fun to fly even in the wind..

Rikrik51

Hi,it's very fast too fast for my first fixed wing!,yes it is the brushless version,fast but I'm finding it manageable,I think flying helicopters has helped,don't low how much different it makes but I bought the eflite ,280 mah

Top Bottom