450 Easiest 450 to learn on

Slobberdog

Guys

I have my heart set on a FBL heli, have narrowed it down so now looking to get the Align 450 pro V2 3GX, but heres the question how much easier if any easier would the Sport V2 flybarred be to learn on or can i really tame the 3GX down to help me.

cheers in advance

cn63bug

I adjusted the Aile and Elev pots down to 95 and have my Aile and Elev roll rates at about 35. Really feels like a flybarred heli to me with these settings. Also have about 35% expo on my transmitter too. I have a blade 450 3D and the Trex feels really close to that. Makes it a whole lot easier to fly indoors at work for me.

danhampson

Im a beginner (crashing/hovering for about 3 months), and find the PRO V2 3gx no problem to handle. I have my elev and aile set at 105 and my D/R and expo @ 70 25. Ive not played with the roll rate ive just left them at the standard setting. Ive got a friend coming along to the field in the morning so hes going to take some footage for me. So all being well ill be posting some video tomorrow at some point.

Tony

Staff member
If you are looking for the most stability, then you need to look into getting a heli and putting the Ikon on it. I say this because you can set your normal mode to have self leveling and it will practically hover it's self. The 3GX is not to the point of doing this unless you get the APS gyro, and those are still STUPID expensive. But, it works off of GPS too.

the Pro V2 DFC with 3GX can be made quite stable though. Unlike posted above, you want the cyclic pots as high as you can set them without wag. This will help stabilize the heli. And IMO, a flybarless heli with a good 3 axis gyro that is setup correctly will ALWAYS be more stable than a heli with a flybar. You will love the V2 DFC!

Slobberdog

thanks guys, i think i had allready made my mind up really but tried a v2 sport the other night and it was incredibly stable, so just wanted to ask the question.

Top Bottom