Quad Eachine QX80 Thread

Tony

Staff member
DUDE!!!! It finally came!!! :yahoo:

I will have to admit, I was not expecting much from this little quad. I mean come on, it has smaller motors (so they say) than the 95, it's a standard square frame and much smaller. The camera's antenna sticks straight out the back and you have to put it together. So when I took it for it's maiden flight, I was not expecting it to do much at all. Boy was I wrong!!!

This little guy flies like a MUCH BIGGER QUAD!!! From high speed (dare I say faster than the 95...), to tight turns to flips and rolls, this thing has it going on. I even crashed the ever loving crap out of this thing multiple times, much harder than the crash that broke an arm on my 95, and it survived all of them. I even crashed on my road, inverted and almost got it run over by a car, and it survived! (thankfully they didn't run it over...)

The frame on the QX80 is .01mm thicker than the 95. Now that doesn't sound like a lot but when you factor in that this thing doesn't have arms, it's more of a box, that means this QX80 is about twice as strong as the QX95! The props on this one never flew off!!! They are the same props that I ordered for the 95 as an UPGRADE!!! This one comes stock with them. And the camera, well, it's still a small lens very wide angle 25mw camera... lol

I don't have any video of the maiden flight mainly because it was cold and I didn't have time before the sun went down to get my computer, all of my Rx gear hooked up and record a flight. Instead, I decided to go ahead and do a shakedown flight and see how the new PID settings worked. And yes, the new PID settings are in the video that should be coming out tomorrow night sometime.

All in all, I am quite impressed with this little guy. I even brought it inside and chased the dogs around the house for a while. And yes, I crashed the crap out of it in the house too lol. This thing is a rock when it comes to strength!!! I'm quite impressed!!!

I didn't even notice one of the rubber bands was coming off lmao. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Click below for a completely bone stock dump file.
View attachment QX80 Completely Stock Dump No Bind.zip

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

Tony

Staff member
I was going to get it out today, but before I could get the batteries charged, the cold front moved in and the winds are way too high now. Sucks. I really want to fly this thing some more!!! What I have flown of it, it's a fantastic little guy!

Tony

Staff member
Here is the first video of many. In this video, I show what comes in the box as well as how to build this quad. In the next video, I will show how to setup the transmitter, what changes to make in CleanFlight and a maiden flight. From there, we are going to install BetaFlight and set it up and do another flight. But for now, I leave you with the build video.

Eachine QX80 Build Guide In Depth Banggood - YouTube

Top Bottom