Misc Eachine E56 Selfie Drone Review & Maiden Flight

Tony

Staff member

Admiral

I tried the "JJRC Elfe the Selfie Drone" last Christmas, it looks the same but does not come with the hand control, it can only be flown using your phone.
Yes it flies but hasn't done since last Christmas that's how much interest it held for me.

I do like your suggestion about the ability of amputees to fly it, that is a cool feature.

Tony

Staff member
That one thought I had after telling them I would not do the review is the only reason I did it. I have never met personally anyone that didn't have ability to use both hands (other than Rc cars where I knew a guy that had a hunting accident and shot his left arm off with a 12ga shotgun. He used his nub to steer where he took the small wheel off and put on a 1/10th scale steer tire from a losi truck) but there has been someone on here asking how to integrate everything into one stick. And the only thing we came up with was putting the yaw on a rotary axis, and pitch and roll were standard. I don't think we ever came up with something for throttle but flying planes, you could power up the motor and get your hand back to the main stick pretty quickly (again, for a plane, not heli) and same for landing. Power back, get close to the ground, flair, reach over and cut throttle (or have a throttle cut switch you can hit) and land as usual.

I'm going to try the phone flying when it quits raining here. Way too much rain lately lol. But man am I loving these temps!!!

Tony

Staff member
Does anyone want to see anything else on this little quad? If so post up. Because this thing, for me, is incredibly hard to fly. I can hover the crap out of it, but flying with one hand is something that I'm just not used to lol.

RandyDSok

Does anyone want to see anything else on this little quad? If so post up. Because this thing, for me, is incredibly hard to fly. I can hover the crap out of it, but flying with one hand is something that I'm just not used to lol.

While it may not be worth a video... it'd be interesting to hear how it handles 15mph winds and 23mph gusts outside... just for curiousity and jollies... :)

Tony

Staff member
Simple answer to that, it doesn't lol. The motors don't spin fast enough nor are they powerful enough to spin props with a pitch enough to handle that lol.

Top Bottom