EDF Dynam A10

Whirlybird

This has always been a favorite plane of mine . . .

Newest Dynam A-10 Military EDF Remote Control Jet Review w/ Twin 64MM Ducted Fan Engine - YouTube

Interestingly, here is a company that makes "crashproofing kits for these foam planes. They seem to work very well :) If you want to see their "converted version" of this A10 plow into a field at 60+ mph and survive, click the link, go to planes/edf jets/A10 with retracts

www.CrashproofPlanes.com | killerplanes.com

The link takes you directly to a video of a P51 nosing into concrete :yikes:

Last edited:

Derek

That was pretty impressive! Did you see that groove in the ground? Very cool!

They basically put glass over the most fragile parts, and then add carbon fibre rods through some of the hinges to make them stronger.
I had been looking at their kits in the past as well. Was thinking of doing similar to some of my planes.
The only problem is, that when you do end up with the big crash, you will wipe out more than you would if it were just foam. But they are very cool, and I want their P-38!!

Whirlybird

If you notice the long drill bits in the kits, the rods are placed throughout the foam like concrete rebar . . . through the fuselage length and in the wing foam. I would say that P51 into the concrete and the A10 nosing in at 60+ mph could be considered big crashes :) I agree the P38 is a beauty!

You do have a point there Frank! I had actually missed the rods through the foam.
I've spoken with the guy from killer planes, and if I were in the states I would have one by now!!
Postage kills me if I were to get them.
But i may have a closer look and see if I can emulate some of his ideas into my planes

Top Bottom