dyanm 450 6 channels helicopter

danny

first I want to say hello to everyone I haven't been online for a while but am back with the same problems I started with LOL. I watched a video for the 450 helicopter and it didn't work out for me so what I tried to do was to use the FM transmitter that it came with. I got everything the work but the Router doesn't move .I don't understand all the servo work except for the tail and the Gyro keeps blinking and the helicopter blades spin so I got half of it to work except for the tail. What should I do?

can I find the receiver that it came with to the spectrum DX six I?
second question can I use any receiver to my spectrum DX six I? I ask this question because I bought a few receivers over the Internet. And what I put in to get the receivers was(receivers for the Dyanm 450 helicopter) and some receivers popped up and I chose a few of them I'm sure I did the wrong thing but all have receivers LOL.

And can somebody recommend a good helicopter for a beginner like me that has metal servos because I heard that the parts make the helicopter cheap parts gives you a cheap helicopter good parts give you a better helicopter. And what helicopters easier to fly flybarless while one that has aflybar.
again I want to say this is a great site little complicated for me but I'm trying and I want to thank everybody for being patient but being a carpenter for over 20 years I never really used the computer so my typing my spelling might be a little off but I make my best efforts to correct them. I did post some pictures of the helicopter I'm talking about.

I hope to hear from you soon meaning everyone LOL to help this poor desperate man LOL.

P.S.please don't let me give up I really love helicopters I just don't understand the helicopter lingo I'm trying to do as much research as possible when I have the time so I am trying.

Tony

Staff member
Danny, we will do all that we can to keep you from giving up. Everyone has to start somewhere, and that somewhere for you, is here. I as well love working with wood, and I"m going to try to use that terminology to help you better understand some of the "lingo" that we are using here. You can also find an extensive list of definitions by CLICKING HERE.

First thing, toss that FM Tx in the trash, it's junk. They are VERY hard to setup (yes, I had one and HATED IT!!!) and even when you get close, the thing is still all over the place. The DX6i is MUCH better. I'm sure that you are not going to be going out and getting "Big Air", meaning that you are going to stay pretty close to yourself with teh helicopter, so there is no reason to have to spend $80 on a Rx for the DX6i. If a Rx did come with your DX6i, then use it. Post up what Rx's you have for it. If you do not have any Rx's for the DX6i, then you will need to purchase one. I would suggest the AR6115. This is a $50 Rx and it's made for "Park Flyers". What "Park Flyer" means is you stay within 400 feet of yourself with the aircraft.

So lets talk about what you asked in if hte Rx's you ordered will work with teh DX6i. I'm going to say NO. I highly doubt you purchased a DSM2 or DSMX Rx if it has the name "Dynam" on it. So if you do not have a dsm2 or dsmx Rx (it will say that on the Rx and will be made by Spektrum or JR), then you will need to purchase one.

I can here you saying before you even read this "I have no idea what dsm2 and dsmx is!". Those are the Band or Frequency at which the Rx's opperate. They might all be 2.4Ghz (Gigahertz), but they are on a different spectrum (not to be confused with Spektrum which is a brand name lol). To break it down into carpentry lingo, your DX6i is a phillips head screw driver, adn the Rx that is in your helicopter now is a flat blade screw, they just wont' work together. In order to get them to work, you MUST use a phillips screw (the Rx) for the two to communicate, or interlock. I could go on and on with the analogies of all of this, but i would turn this into a book instead of a post. I hope that makes things a little clearer.

First and foremost, you MUST get rid of that stock FM Tx. It's just pure crap. Order the AR6115e Rx. Take the Rx out of your helicopter and put it with the Tx which you File 13'd, or 86'd, trashed lol. Once you have the AR6115e, You will follow my videos to hook it up. It's not hard, I assure you. The left servo is your pitch, right servo is your aileron and the center servo is your elevator. The pitch servo will go into the Aux1 port. Your gyro will plug into the Rudder port and the single wire from your gyro will go into the Gear port, or channel 5. Then your ESC into the Thro port.

I hope this helps break some things down for you. I'm not sure if I can break them down any further than that. Order the AR6115e and we will get you in the air.

Top Bottom