General Dx9 Setup Blade 450 d

Tony

Staff member
I'm really hoping that the setup is a lot like the DX8 since I have not had any time on the DX9. But answer a few questions for me and we can help a little better.

I'm guessing this is a Blade 450 3D helicopter?

Flybar or flybarless?

What gyro?

Whar Rx? (receiver)

Let me know.

Tony

Staff member
alright, roger that.

First thing you need to do is create the model and make sure it's on helicopter. Then set your swashplate to 3 servo 120º. Next, make sure you have all of your trim tabs centered on the main screen. Then you will want to go into your sub trims and set your servo arms to 90º to the links. Then you will want to plug the tail servo directly into the receiver and set your tail slider centered on teh shaft. Again, all of this is done in teh sub trim menu.

After you are done with that, you will want to set your pitch and throttle curves. I suggest a pitch curve in normal mode of 46 48 50 75 100, and idle up 1 and 2 and Hold to 0 25 50 75 100.

Your throttle curve should be Normal - 0 40 70 70 70. Idle up 1 85 85 85 85 85. Idle up 2 100 100 100 100 100. You can put a slight dip in the center of that if you wish of 5 or 10%.

Your gyro menu should be set to gyro switch (my preference) and channel "gear" or 5. One position should be set to about 40% positive (this is heading hold mode). Another position at 0 and the third position at negative 50.

Once you are done with that, let me know and we can move on.

Top Bottom