Spektrum DX9 and telemetry

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Has anyone ever used the RPM sensor on their nitro bird for telemetry purpose instead of for the govenour? Wonder if I could plug the sensor directly into the TM1000??
Tony G

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is how I set the 600N up first so that I could see my head speed instead of relying on the governor which I didn't have at the time.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's what I'm interested in, the head speed. It's for my turbine project:cool1: What did you do with the transmitter, just put in the gear ratio? Obviously no magnet poles..

Tony

Staff member
You know, It's been so long, I can't remember how I did it. It was on my DX8 and now that I have a DX9, I have not put any telemetry on it.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I got ya, Spectrum makes a RPM sensor that bolts to the back of the engine and reads the crank turning but I'm not sure if the Align gov sensor is the same type hall effect, I'll have to play with it when the time comes,
Thanks as always, Tony G.

cml001

U can.. I use an Align magnet sensor on the clutch bell of my N5C and feed that to iKon for the gov function... Then seperately, I have a Spektrum backplate sensor hooked to the O.S. 55HZ-R feeding to the TM1000... This one is purely for telemetry info read by the DX9. Works great!

Last edited:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
In my case what I would like to do is use the Align sensor that reads the magnets on the clutch bell and plug that into the TM1000. Did you have to put the gear ratio into the TX and that's it?

cml001

Yep.. It needs to know what the math is.. Just plug in the gear info & set ur dividing sensor to 1(one mag pole up & one down).... So if ur doin it that way.. What's feeding info to ur gov?

Last edited:

cml001

Taken it to whole new level bruh! I dig it... But I know nut'n bout a turbine... Post up some pics.. Sounds kool!

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's been a dream of mine for years. Waited 11 weeks for it, got it yesterday but have plans to go out of town. So I'll start it next week and will get some pics up for sure.
T

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure you can put the sensor directly on teh turbine it's self. I'm thinking you are going to have to install magnets into the main gear to get your head speed. These turbines idle at about 30,000 rpm and some of them can go well above 100,000rpm which I think is way too fast for the sensor to pick up. However, there should be a controller with the turbine that will tell you the rpm of it. I think lol. ,

Top Bottom