450 Dx9 450l throttle issue

Mda1701d

Hello all,
Just wanted to post up an issue I had this morning that cost me an hour, and how it was resolved, hopefully to help someone else!
This week I have purchased a dx9 as it was a really good price. Nice upgrade from the dx6i I have been using. Copied the settings from the dx6i for my 3 birds, the nano, the dominator and the pro clone. I went for the nano first, binding no problem, and works fine. The dominator however, was more problematic. Once binding was complete, I found the esc was beeping as if to warn of throttle on. I checked settings, all seemed ok. As I had a throttle issue, the next step was to REMOVE THE BLADES!
After some fiddling, I thought the throttle might be reversed. Sure enough, if I set high throttle and plugged in, the esc would initialise. I set the throttle to reverse, but got a spool up instead!! Always remove blades!
After reversing the throttle, and more deliberation, I found that factory eating on the dx9 has throttle travel at 100%, but if we check the graphic next to it, there is more travel. The throttle can then be lowered to 150%, once I found this, the issue was resolved. Bit confusing this one!
Hope this helps someone out, and saves some time!!

holtneil

Hi Mark on my DX9 the throttle hold is -15 , did you calibrate the sticks before you set up as this will set up the ranges of the gimbals on the sticks , if you do your have to recheck all the helis as the swash may not stay level on the new settings , it a really nice transmitter your going to love it

Mda1701d

Thanks holtneil,
This tx was a 6 month old unit from align trex model shop, I think it was already calibrated, I did mess around with the sticks etc when I first got it......
Guess I will have to check again lol!
Last heli to set up is the pro clone, still have that flying on the dx6i. Always a worry with rudder gains etc as an unknown for a start. Just got the 450s flying ok, then screw it all up with a new tx!
Thanks, mark

holtneil

Hi Mark just test the way I said while in the pc monitor screen adjust gyro gain, if it moves on the screen and the led changes colour on the FBL unit your good , the 3GX on the dx9 uesd the aux2 if you use the 3gx as the receiver

Top Bottom