Spektrum DX8 timer. Were i went wrong.

Lee

I was wondering why my battery was get to LVC before my Timer was running out. Well today i figured it out.
I had the timer set to activate with throttle stick and set the percentage to 53% so it would start as i spooled up to just over half throttle.
Well thats all good until you go below half throttle, then the timer stops. Thats what you would expect. What i didn't expect was that it also stops when in ID1 or 2. I assumed it was controlled by throttle not stick position. So every time i was flying inverted, the clock would stop :D And as i fly inverted a lot it was turning my 6 mins into 10 or more. LOL
So there is another setting thats called "throttle 1-time" which only allows the timer to start once then continue until the end.
You learn something everyday :D

canongraphy

hahaha Lee! that means you have logged at least twice as much airtime than you thought, no wonder you're a great pilot!
more experienced than you thought :)

I was wondering why my battery was get to LVC before my Timer was running out. Well today i figured it out.
I had the timer set to activate with throttle stick and set the percentage to 53% so it would start as i spooled up to just over half throttle.
Well thats all good until you go below half throttle, then the timer stops. Thats what you would expect. What i didn't expect was that it also stops when in ID1 or 2. I assumed it was controlled by throttle not stick position. So every time i was flying inverted, the clock would stop :D And as i fly inverted a lot it was turning my 6 mins into 10 or more. LOL
So there is another setting thats called "throttle 1-time" which only allows the timer to start once then continue until the end.
You learn something everyday :D

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, that's great. Like posted above, I have mine set to 5% as well. You will hit it with hard negative pitch pumps but it will not amount to enough time to really make a difference in flight times.

Lee

On a Castle Creations ESC, you need to put the stick at centre before pugging in the Heli. Once plugged in, the heli will only arm once you drop the stick to 0. So anything below 50% will start the clock before i even plug in the heli. The 1-time function i think is the best for me.

Lee

I could do, but i remember from my DX6I days, always forgetting to start the timer :D Thats what i loved about the DX8, timer starting as you spool up.

Tony

Staff member
Your just hard headed today, aren't you? hahahahaha. I dont' understand why you would have to hold mid stick just to initialize an ESC. Maybe you should get one that doesn't require that lmao. Seems unsafe to me and I wouldn't want to do that.

Top Bottom