General DX8 Throttle/Aileron Gimbal issue

totoheat

Hello Guys

I run into a problem with T/A Gimbal unit on my DX8 as for some reason one of the turning pins from Throttle came off due to breakage of the plastic housing as per attached pictures

Radio gimbal1.jpg
Gimbal pin1.jpg

and now I need to replace the complete gimbal any ideas if this possible to get ??

Thanks
Angel

Gimbal pin1.jpg

Radio gimbal1.jpg

mudbogger

I actually found 2 Spektrum DX8 transmitter recalls which might help you. I realize that your gimbal broke, and that might be from your use. However, It doesn't look like your alone. Some people who also fly with the Spektrum DX8 transmitter were/are having "gimbal-response" issues; Which were then reported to Horizon Hobby and Spektrum. While also having a "vibration-tone" recall.

The "gimbal-response" issue was recalled in the UK. The "vibration-tone" issue was recalled in the USA. I wouldn't think that your transmitter would be involved with the UK recall, but maybe I'm wrong. The "vibration-tone" recall may have also broke your gimbal?, I honestly don't know. As far as parts go I'd say send your DX8 transmitter back to Spektrum. I don't think you can buy transmitter parts directly from Spektrum.

Here is a link to the USA "vibration-tone" recall:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/2206-spektrum-dx8-vibration-bulletin

Here is a link to the UK "gimbal-response" recall:
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroonline/knews/karticles/k48_spektrum_update/k48_gimble_bulletin.html

totoheat

Thanks for that

is rare I check with magnifier glass and there is no way to brake this gimbal housing as stick does not allow you to abuse as has a stop shape inside the gimbal but I would do as you recommend sending the Radio to Horizon hobby to have it service it I think is actually less then a year since I bought it

Angel

pvolcko

If you're the original owner of it, def give Horizon Hobby a call and try ot get it covered by warranty. That's an unusual thing to break and not something you likely could cause by mis-use.

Even if you aren't original owner, HH is probably you're only source for a replacement part. For something like that they may not ship you the part, and instead require sending in for service. If you have a hobby shop nearby that deals in HH gear, see if they can order the part. Sometimes they'll do that for dealers whereas they will not for end users.

Top Bottom