Spektrum DX8 Beginner Helicopter recommended Throttle and Pitch settings???

canongraphy

Hi guys, hopefully I am posting this in the correct area.
I have DX8 and Align 600 ESP
I bought this from the builder and have it just about ready to go thanks to video's from several members here I found on you tube. ( you guys rock)
Where I am currently confused is I am finding so many different opinions on what settings should be to start out for pitch and throttle curves.
I would like opinions from you guys what I should have them set on to start out.
My 600 has the futaba GY401 gyro and and am using the AR8000 that came with my DX8 (overkill I know but I used it) I prefer to used HH mode and every time I feel I know what I will start out with, I find different settings for the gyro and my curves
Basically I want to be sure as a noob I at least get my settings in a good starting point.
Everything is correctly setup now, just need the settings for the Tx
Any help here would be great. The internet is a great thing but can get you frustrated quickly.
I couldn't find the video Tony did when he changed the RX on his 450 Dynam I think it was, I remember he showed his settings in that video but at the time I didn't have my DX8 here yet.
I have Phonex4 and have been putting in many hours of flying but have very little experience in RL I can 3D on the sim a little and have auto rotare down pretty good so that's a start lol
Just need help with settings guys
Thanks!

Derek

Hey there buddy! I hope you get it sorted out. If you want to fly online on the Phoenix, let us know.

canongraphy

Hey thanks Rusty, I have many of your video's but missed these thanks!
I saw your other video's before I realized it was you from here lol
cool accent btw
I have a few more questions for you that I will type tomorrow after work, its late here and I need to get to bed.
Thanks for your help, you rock!
Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

Hiya Derek,
yep I am close to spooling this badboy up just waiting on a few items to get here, and better weather lol
Yea I love the Phoenix4 but haven't tried the online part yet, most of my freetime has been on the sim but haven't tried it online yet, I still have friends that want me on Diablo3, but most of my time has been working on this Trex 600 ESP or on the sim.
The cool thing with the sim is I am calm, and know its different when doing it in RL, as I found out with my old 450 lol
And hey your kinda of a neighbor too! nice! would be great to fly with someone with experience.
I'm off to bed, will post more tomorrow, things are coming together nicely!
cheers,
Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Westy!!! I typed Rusty by mistake!! not sure why I called you Rusty oops!

Tony

Staff member
Hey Jeff, the video on that one that you are talking about is the complete ccpm setup. You can see that video by CLICKING HERE. However, I dont' think you should have to sit through that hour long video just to find the one bit where I showed my pitch curves and throttle curves.

When I start out with a heli, any heli, I always start with the same curves. And these are posted below.

Pitch Curves

Normal: 46 48 50 75 100
IU1 : 0 25 50 75 100
IU2 : 0 25 50 75 100

Throttle Curves

Normal: 0 25 50 75 100
IU1 : 75 75 70 75 75
IU2 : 100 100 95 100 100

IU stands for Idle Up, just incase you were wondering. On the DX8, there are 3 positions on the F Mode switch and this will be position 0=normal 1=IU1 and 2=IU2. That is what I set ALL of my helis at to begin with. But, you will have to try them out, then make them your own. If you want a nice flat curve when flying in normal mode (it will help to keep from blowing your tail out in pitch pumps), then use a Normal Throttle Curve of 0 45 75 75 75. This will keep you very stable and keep the same head speed when you are in the air. But, keep your pitch curves as I have them above. Lots of playing round, this is what I have found to be the best. But then again, once you get used to the heli on the curves above, make some "SMALL" changes and test them out. Since you have flown my settings above and are used to them, you will be able to feel the changes and you will find out if you like them better or worse than my settings. It's all about making the heli yours.

Also, Sam on here has that heli (I think) and a DX8. I'm sure he can upload his setting file for it in this thread and you can put it in your Tx and try that out as well. Make sure to check out the thread "Post Your DX8 Files". Just click that to go into that thread. I'm trying to get a bunch of DX8 files in one place to help out people that need a quick solution to a new kit.

Lee

Absolutely agree with Tony's settings. Do use the 0,45,75,75,75 for Normal throttle curve. This will really make for a more stable heli while hovering.

canongraphy

Hey thanks Tony, and Lee, yea that's the video, guess I forgot it was with a DX6 and that's why I couldn't find it and it was in my favorites lol
Thanks for the settings, between you, Lee and WESTY <-------got it right that time.. I am about ready to fire this beast up.
I will take some pics and get them posted as soon as I figure out how to do it here, still learning the navigation here.
I have a few more questions that I will try to get posted in the correct areas.
Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
To upload pictures, click on the link below and watch the "How to upload pictures" video in there. It should help you out. Can't wait to see this bird in the air. Must have a maiden video!!!!

Tags - Rc-Help.com How-To

Tony

Staff member
To upload pictures, click on the link below and watch the "How to upload pictures" video in there. It should help you out. Can't wait to see this bird in the air. Must have a maiden video!!!!

Tags - Rc-Help.com How-To

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I would upload my settings but I haven't set it up yet. I had to more or less zero everything out to set up the NAZA if you remember. So I haven't has of yet re set it up.

Omg! Thank u ive gotten alittle closer to being able tp actually fly my bird, i own a DX7S and i believe there almost the same but correct me if im wrong but dont i only have regular mode and IU;1 not IU 2? Could any of u provide me with a link for the rest of the setting to setup my dx7s properly for first flight beginner and if u know of anyone with a setup file i could just download onto it for a trex 450 pro fbl with the 3gx gyro? Thanks alot tom

Tony

Staff member
a lot of what can be done on the DX8 can be done on the 7s. Have a look at my videos and apply them as needed. And you are correct, the 7s only has two position switches whereas the DX8 has three position switches.

Rc-Help - Spektrum DX8

Top Bottom