Spektrum DX7-SE Modification = Adding a Vibrating motor

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Guys and Gals .... just doing some experimenting with my TX and I was thinking ... hey, why not get one of my old PS2 Controllers and take one of the vibrating (RUMBLE MOTORS) motors and put it into my TX and trigger it off my beeping peizo .....

Have stripped the motors out and will take the smallest one and fit it in there....

hope it works - Wish me luck!
:sorrow::surprise:

xokia

Hi Westy,

Why do you want the vibrating motor? I wish I could shut mine off entirely on the DX8. The beeping noise is good enough for me.
My DX8 vibrated right off the table once really pissed me off. Seems to be no way to shut that off for inactivity.

Tony

Staff member
You can turn the vibrate off. It's in the Alerts or Warnings menu if I remember correctly.

Westy

LEGEND
Cause I can't hear it .... when the heli is smacking past me ..... adrenaline pumping in my ears .... need to get something else to get my attention.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found a solution...... after much searching.

and I am getting this too...

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
UPDATE.,......

AV Kit Ordered and BAttery saver Kit Ordered! $27.90 Euro including Freight!

you can get them for DX6i too!
Of course .... I will post the videos during the upgrade ....

Westy

LEGEND
NICE ..... Got my 2 Mod Kits for the DX7..... fitted the Inactive alarm and tested .... PERFECT! just what I was looking for! the second timer and vibrating motor is a little more complex and solder skill specific ..... got all the soldering done ... just have to mount the motor and test .... will let you know how it all goes!

Westy

LEGEND
bummer ... I have killed my TX now! it be dead!

I soldered in the battery saver mod and it all worked perfectly .... then I did the AV kit and it is completely dead.

in the process of de-soldering it now to see if I can get her going again :(

The Fast blow fuse is fine and I cannot see of smell any blown Voltage Regs ....

Westy

LEGEND
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!

Found a solder trace that must have flicked across two of the pads on the Throttle potentiometor.

Re soldered all back in again and it is PERFECT!

P1100109.jpgsolder tag.jpg

P1100109.jpg

solder tag.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
hehe .... nothing like a challenge aye?!!!!

I could not justify spending $450 NZD.... spent $40NZD instead .... and it is totally awesome!!!!!

Lovin it! now no need for me to remember to hit the timer ..... as soon as I open the throttle ... with throttle hold off .... it starts the countdown timer to whatever I have set in the TX :)

If I land it and put throttle hold on to make adjustments etc .... it pauses and then when it comes off again .. as soon as I put some throttle on .... the timers starts where it left off! I LIKE IT!

canongraphy

hehe .... nothing like a challenge aye?!!!!

I could not justify spending $450 NZD.... spent $40NZD instead .... and it is totally awesome!!!!!

Lovin it! now no need for me to remember to hit the timer ..... as soon as I open the throttle ... with throttle hold off .... it starts the countdown timer to whatever I have set in the TX :)

If I land it and put throttle hold on to make adjustments etc .... it pauses and then when it comes off again .. as soon as I put some throttle on .... the timers starts where it left off! I LIKE IT!

Yea that's cool Westy, my DX8 starts and stops with my throttle too, and I can hit cancel to reset timer, its a cool feature. Totally understand bro, its a lot of money if you are happy with your current one.
But the DX8 definitely rocks.

Westy

LEGEND
hot off The Press:

Here are my Videos on the 2 modifications.

watch them in sequence! :) hope you enjoy them .... took me a while to edit and produce!

G-Troniks - AV (Autotimer Vibration motor kit)
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

G-Troniks - Battery saver alarm kit!

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom