Spektrum DX6i with Spektrum's AR7200BX on a T-Rex 450 Pro DFC

Doum066

Not sure if they are that different, but the SPM9646 seems to be specialy designed for Fiber carbon fuselage that is suppose to reduce range, the other one SPM9645 seems to be the model before, i'Ve read my bookd hundreds of times, but the reason i ask here is, i don't wanna spend money on stuff that might have some issue with stuff i have, which is why i post here, to get other peoples feedback on stuff they use. So in other words, i'm asking people, are those two things what people call satellite, do i only need this and plug it in the AR7200BX RxL port which is supposed to be for satellitle... that's all ;)

callsign4223

Staff member
Both will work for you. The 9646 is an extra 5 dollars. With a 450 you should be able to place the satellite in a fashion that not both it and the primary rx are both in shadow from the frame so I wouldn't be too worried about getting 9645. It's up to you if you want to spend the extra $5 for a little more security, but I honestly don't think it's necessary with your heli.

Whenever you get one, just be sure to place the satellite antenna 90 degrees perpendicular to the ar7200bx's 2 antennas. So if one of the antennas is pointing sideways, and the other is pointing front to back, place the satellite with it's antenna pointing up and down.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There you go! What callsign said. You kind of confused me with that adapter wire you linked up. Most Rx's have a spot to two to plug in a satalight RX. So that wire adapter threw me off a bit.

Doum066

Thanks for the replies guys.

At Callsign:

I'Ve actualy ordered the carbon one, for only 5$ more, since i won't be only flying this little bird, so it might get useful later. Thanks for the tips for the orientation of antennas, i'Ve actualy did that earlier, i change the way i actually had my 2 AR7200Bx antenna, they are actualy more perpendicular to each thers now, than before, since i'Ve changed my autorotation bracket for the alumimun one, i've changed the way i had them set before, so i made it as they were before, more likely as they are in the book.

At Breeze:

No problem dude, i sure confuse you, since i was confused myself as to what to get, after all i'm still seriously in this hobby since a few months, so each day i still learn new stuffs. :) I linked the connector, because one of my two main hobbystore i buy from doesn't have much description of product, so i was wondering if the connected was necessary and after that i found on my other site that a connector comes with it, but i don't know how to edit post. :)

Thanks for the advice

Doum066

Great, my new DX8 just came in today, lots of reading to do before doing the change, satellite should be here around monday.. so as i was reading the new toy's instruction manual i had a few packs on charge, storm forecast for the next few days as the last few were, tonight was the night to fly some packs.... i decided to check out on my gyro gain, so i start to gradualy raise it little by little until it starts having tail hunt.... and someone i know told me if i remember right, when you make sudden negativ and positiv pitch input, if the tail does some movement, gain is a bit too low.... so i started to raise until i get stable sudden input and no hunting... at 68 it merely was perfect, landed to change pack, it was my second pack, the tail servo was singing, so i told myself it might had been a bit too high so, too sensitive, i lowered it to around 66-67, then took off... then the bird started to do some odd behavior.... she started having some sudden rudder/tail movement, as if i was giving in rudder input, tail was turning let's say as much as 90 degerees... was hard to control... she was about 10 feet from me, and looked really similar to what happened a few days ago.... though my TX batt was too low, it was at 5.2 v.... couldn't range lost signal... i was able to landed, but was hard as i was having odd tail whiplash or so... what coud this be?

TX failure, RX/Gyro failure, tail servo faillure.... this little baby is giving me hell to find her problem :S

Tony

Staff member
If you did this with pitch pumps in normal mode, change your throttle curve to 0 40 75 75 75. ALL helicopters will blow the tail out on a pitch pump with a linear throttle curve. The little blades just can't counter the torque of the motor ramping up in power and rpm.

Doum066

If you did this with pitch pumps in normal mode, change your throttle curve to 0 40 75 75 75. ALL helicopters will blow the tail out on a pitch pump with a linear throttle curve. The little blades just can't counter the torque of the motor ramping up in power and rpm.

Nope Tony, i did this in Idle Up which is 85-85-85-85, i only use my normal curve for take off (0-60-85-85-85) But since it was my maintenance time, i started with the tail unit to see what was wrong, quickly found it, one of the tail blade grib is sorta seized to the Hub and not turning free at all, so only one of the two blade grib was free, si i guess what happened is, when it did it's sudden rudder turn was when it the rudder link was able to move since the slider was almost stick. Gotta take it apart to see what happened. I'm stripping the slider, it's the same unit since i bought it, jsut changed the tail shaft slide bush and bearings on each side of it, guess this will help also, it has some road of them, each time i take her apart for maintenance i get more in depht... those little baby sure got me in this hobby hardcore :) I'm having as much fun doing mechanics if we can say, on them, as to fly them... exept i'm still in the learning process and almost each time i learn new stuff. :) Now i'll start cleaning up some bearings as in your vids.. exempt i won't go glove free as you do :p

I just can't wait to start settings up my newly DX8... :victorious:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm a bit late on this thread but just want to say your gonna love it! My buddy just converted his 450 to FBL with the Spectrum unit and fly's great

Doum066

I'm a bit late on this thread but just want to say your gonna love it! My buddy just converted his 450 to FBL with the Spectrum unit and fly's great

I do love it a lot. :) The only sad thing is, she gets small fast when moving :p I just bought a used T-Rex 500 this week, coverted normal FBL, not the DFC one, and came with a Microbeat :p I do love this little BeastX :)

Top Bottom