General DX6i with 3GX..........

Carlosdh

Hello everyone. My name is Carlos.
After flying coaxials, basic flight only, I moved on to Walkera 280D. Again, basic flight only.
Finally decided to move up in class to Esky's Belt CP.
Then Dynam Erazor. Had all kinds of trouble just trynig to hover. Still do with all these birds.
Decided to try a kit to see if I had any better luck. Not happening. Just crashes & repair parts.
After two CopterX kits, one HKpro I finally caved & spent the money an ALIGN 450 sport. Had I started there
in the first place I could have saved a few hundred $ and lots of agida. Now I'm finally able to hover, basic flying & control the heli.
No crashes yet. Having fun again. Finally
Now to my two question (thanks for putting up with all my B/S- i needed to vent)
Just finished a TREX 450 PRO 3GX. I want to ask all out there if it's a must to use my AR6200 receiver or can I just plug servos
right into it without the need of the RX. I do have the 2 satelites it calls for but my transmitter is a DX6i.
I await your verdict.
Lastly, not having learned via a trainer or simulator, I still strugle to maintain a steady hover, my bird moves about quite a bit.
Any sugestions or tips as to how to improve? Constant input is normal for me. Does this diminish with time?
Tracking is good, Pitch is good, Pitch curve @5,20,37,53,60 / Thro curve @ 5,40,70,85,100
Keep in mind I still have not gone past 30' height. Fear of crashing still here 'till i'm confident in my ability to fully control the bird.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ANY LIGHT YOU CAN SHED ON THIS FELLOW ENTHUSIAST.

Greatfully yours, Carlos D.

Lee

First piece of advice, get a simulator. Second piece of advice GET A SIMULATOR !!! :D Honestly its the best thing you can buy. It will save you Muchos $$$$$$$$
Your pitch and throttle curves seem a bit strange. Throttle curve should start at 0 not 5 or you will never be able to stop the motor, unless something else is set up wrong like the ESC calibration.
Pitch curve looks odd. A normal pitch curve in Normal flight should be something like 45,48,50,75,100 giving you in degrees about -2º, -1º, 0º, 5º, 11º
I would love to know how you set up the heli.
Cheers Lee

Tony

Staff member
I agree with Lee, you need to set the curves up as he stated. Watch my videos on this heli and how I set them up. If you set the head up correctly it will fly much better.

stokke

Regarding hovering; crank up some expo in your NORMAL mode.
I use around +20.

Regarding training; get a simulator, preferably Phoenix or RealFlight.

Good luck

Top Bottom