Spektrum DX6i Manual

rotary174

I wonder how many people out there have made this mistake? A manual....is a manual, is it not? When I purchased my DX6i, several months ago, I ordered it at my local hobby shop and it was sent to my home. I got the $139.00 job with no RX or Servos. In the box was a little book called "INSTRUCTION MANUAL." It contains 26 pages of English and was practically useless....except as an overview. However, I thought that this was the manual....until I had a look at the manual Tony put up for us to download. I did this just this morning. Send up a flare....the real manual has step by step instructions and a clarity that explains many things that I had to find out on my own. I still had questions...and the REAL manual had the answers. This comes one day after I finally got my 250 ready for flight and just need to tweak it up a bit....wow. Incredible. Gary

Derek

Yeah, you're right! The DX6i manual is quite vague. The DX8 manual is just as vague. Despite all that, your persistence caused that flare to go up and you looked harder....finding some results that added much needed clarity. Well done buddy!!!

rotary174

Thanks for the accolade Derek....I don't deserve it.....but thanks anyway. The DX6i...if you do not possess a broad spectrum of knowledge....can be extremely difficult to use. My concern here was how easy some people would just give up because they can't tie all the technical knots. That's why I'm seeing....all over the RC community....people who just want somebody, anybody to give them some numbers to put in the slots. If Spektrum encloses a little book that says "Instruction Manual" well you would tend to think that "this is it" when it's nothing more than a little guide....when indeed there is another more comprehensive manual available. The real manual still lacks much clarity....and doesn't give examples. An age old problem....techno-nerds usually aren't teachers....can't write manuals and they are hard pressed to find people who can do both. Well, can't beat a dead horse.... thanks Derek...later...Gary

Graham Lawrie

I was the same when I got my Dx6i Gary:) my first and only proper TX. Through time it becomes clear, but it took me the best part of a year to understand what the numbers really meant:)

I to looked on youtube and just copied the numbers that worked:) Now I know what I am changing and why. But the whole hobby is a massive learning curve:)

rotary174

Right Graham, and I see I have a long way to go. I guess I'm mostly complaining because Spektrum didn't enclose the proper manual with the TX....and (unless it's hidden the the little guide they did enclose) they didn't say where to go to get the real manual. That sort of adds insult to injury. But I love my DX6i....and it was Spektrum and Horizon that got me started....so I'll remember this to tip off others....but Spektrum is really awesome....but expensive. My 9xV2 will be here tomorrow....I checked out the manual and it seems okay....more on that later. New toy can't wait. My 250 is ready to fly....just need to set up the tail rotor/gyro....and hope the wind dies down. Later, Gary

Top Bottom