General Dx6

Matt

Do I need anything with more than 6 channels to fly an electric heli? How many channels do I need to fly a gas powered heli? I’m trying to consolidate and I’ve got a dx8 but don’t use it think I need the additional channels. What about Futaba. Do they make a 6 channel tx. Futaba vs Spektrum. Any idea which is better? Thanks in advance. M

Tony

Staff member
I would keep the DX8 over the DX6, even if the 8 is the first gen. it's always better to have more channels than you need rather than to not have enough channels. I had the G1 DX8 and loved it. Purchased the DX9 for the channel. One of these days, I may get the IX-12, but doubt it lol.

Matt

How many channels would I need to fly a gas powered heli? It’s got to be more than 6, right? One to control the gas and 6 to control everything else, right?

Tony

Staff member
Throttle is controlled on the same channel regardless of fuel. You may need a channel to kill the ignition box, but not 100% required. So you can get by with 6 channels on a gas heli, but I would definitely put a kill switch on it so you would need another channel. Unless you set your servo with a micro switch so that when you hit hold it will kill it, or you can use the Kill or Cut button to reverse teh throttle servo enough to trip that micro switch. But again, I would rather have a dedicated channel for this.

Matt

My dx8 has a problem with the scroll button. At a certain point on the scroll wheel it jumps around. Have you seen this before and is there a fix for it, whether taking it apart or downloading the latest firmware?

Tony

Staff member
This sounds like a dirty POT on the board. I would get some electronics cleaner and take the Tx apart and spray that stuff on the POT while you are rolling it back and forth. If that doesn't fix it, then the pot is wore out. Of course a video of what it is doing would help to know exactly what it is doing.

Matt

This is not a very good video of what I’m talking about but when I move the roller one turn it moves two turns. It “skips” over one parameter and goes to the second. When turning the roller one turn it goes two turns or gets stuck going back and forth. It’s “unpredictable “

Top Bottom