1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum Dx6 Transmitter Failed

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by Apo234, Jan 11, 2019.

< Dx9 Question | Dx6i Problems >
  1. Apo234

Apo234 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys just looking for some advice... I have a DX6 that has already been repaired by Horizon Hobby once. The transmitter board failed for no reason and they fixed it no cost. Now it failed again after the batteries in the remote died (I use rechargeable battiers and I guess one failed in the remote as I started flying the voltage was at 5.6 and about a minute in to the flight my helicopter hit the ground because the batteries in the remote died and it said low battery at 4.6 and shut off the transmitter or that is when it failed). I have Googled this and I guess if you let the batteries die it will damage the remote. I called Horizon and they said this could happen. I have never heard of batteries dying damaging hardware? So anytime the batteries die I have to have the remote repaired? Anyone else have this problem?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    I have never heard of this issue. Only way I would think a dead battery could damage something is if it dead shorted, but even still we are talking about a lower voltage than what it would normally run. Definitely time to call Horizon again. Makes me not want to update my Tx any time soon to say the least.

3. Apo234

Apo234 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I did call Horizon about an hour or so ago, They said to send it in and they will either fix it or charge me to fix it. It still turns on just does not transmit. They said that batteries dying can cause this and to not let the batteries die. I am not paying to fix this radio, 2nd time the transmitter board has died now.

4. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I would be looking into a Lithium battery for it from now on just to be safe.

5. Apo234

Apo234 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I think I will send it in and if they try to charge me for it I will just say keep it. Any other radios you guys recommend?

6. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I have only used Spektrum. Hopefully some others will come in here with some suggestions.

7. leedude1

leedude1 Member

Blog Posts:
    I have the same radio and use to rechargables. Ive found it super reliable actually but I have to say that I never let mine get below 6.5 at 7 im already jittery :D before getting extra juice in her. So i cant speak to the low voltage.

8. Apo234

Apo234 New Member

Blog Posts:
    What batteries are you guys using?

9. leedude1

leedude1 Member

Blog Posts:
    I use the spectrum transmitter pack.

10. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    I use 4 AA batteries, rechargeable. In use energizer and use their charging unit to charge them . I have not had an issue.

11. Douflytoo

Douflytoo New Member

Blog Posts:
    ATPCFIAIMEIA&P
    I use standard Energizer alkaline and get about 9 hrs use (by internal timer) when 4.3v alarm sounds. No issues. DX6 G3

12. Apo234

Apo234 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Update... Horizon fixed it for free and only charged me shipping, They updated the software as well.

13. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    As long as its under warranty they do look out after you. I had to send in my dx6 because something quit working. I Think it was the transmitter module. All I paid was shipping and they also ran the latest update for me .

Good deal glad it all worked out.

14. Tony

Blog Posts:
    That's awesome that it's all good now. Time to get to flying! :D

< Dx9 Question | Dx6i Problems >