Spektrum DX6 Gen2 loss power?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Very strange situation just happen. I was flying my quad like I always do after dinner. I was on my 4th battery and all of a sudden my quad just drop for no apparent reason. I wasn't even 50 yards alway. I went and got my quad and the quad was still showing it was still connected. I pick up my TX and notice that the switch was on but my screen was completely blank. I shut the power switch off and then back on... nothing. So I gathered all my stuff and went inside to check the TX out and I couldn't find anything wrong like the battery connector wasn't loose. Before I went flying the TX was reading 6.8. So I went ahead and plug the charger in. While the TX is charging I went ahead and turn the radio on and bingo the radio was working again. I went ahead and shut it off and turn it back on and now I notice that the bars on the radio that indicates the TX is on are flashing now. If I'm correct, those bars should be solid? I shut the TX off again and turn it back on and the bars are solid. Has this happen to anyone else? Can anyone tell me what's going on with this TX. I'm glad it didn't happen when I was flying my helis. Any advice would be helpful.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well after flying one battery and checking to make sure my other flying devices work. I decided to charged up 2 batteries to hover the CoastGuard heli tonight. I turn the TX on, got solid bar lights went to plug the battery in and the heli started a signal beep and didn't bind. Looked at the radio and there's that blank screen again :( I have no idea what's going on. I need to walk away, not mad but just walk away.

Eggy 71

Are you running a lipo battery in the DX6? The manual recommends having the alarm at 6.4v or higher. That's getting pretty low for a lipo and the voltage curve drops off quickly around there. I recharge as soon as I hit 7v to be safe. Is it possible there's a sensor in the Tx that is shutting off the battery due to low voltage?

Smoggie

6.8V (3.4V per cell) is totally flat for a LiPo/LiIon. As already mentioned, did you re set the battery type in the settings to LiIon?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks everyone, dummy me didn't change battery type. Did this ruin my new battery?

Eggy 71

I'd give it a full charge and see what takes and how long it keeps a charge. I mixed up batteries on my 450l and drained a 2200 mah right down to nothing. It took 2300 mah to charge it. It seems to be working well. I'm hope the low voltage cutout caught it in time before damage.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I hope so too. I guess I'll find out in the morning. No one blame but my own stupidity :(

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Smoggie, the good news is after 8 flights with the quads today, the TX is working just fine. Tomorrow, I'll fly the helis without worry :) I wont do that again.

Top Bottom