Spektrum DX6 and Blade 120 SR is it possible ?

Simon

Hi' :)

I'm having problems binding my new DX6 to a Blade 120 SR.
I've added a new model and done the bind via the menu i've also tried turning the heli on and waiting for the blinking red led and then holding the button and turning on the transmitter and then selecting bind but no luck, i just get "Bind Failed" i've also downloaded a model file and loaded it via sd card but no luck.

DX6 only wants to say "Bind Failed"

Any help appreciated.

n8lbv

Should work!! keep trying also try putting the heli at least 5 ft from the TX and try that way a few more times.
make sure you have the flashing light on the 120SR..

Spektrum is buggy with this stuff.
Guy had a park flyer at the field the other day and it took us at lease 20 tries to bind a DX9 to his BNF airplane. middle of nowhere no other TX or signals present.
Grrrrrr

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 120SR bound to my DX9.

Simon

Should work!! keep trying also try putting the heli at least 5 ft from the TX and try that way a few more times.
make sure you have the flashing light on the 120SR..

Spektrum is buggy with this stuff.
Guy had a park flyer at the field the other day and it took us at lease 20 tries to bind a DX9 to his BNF airplane. middle of nowhere no other TX or signals present.
Grrrrrr

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 120SR bound to my DX9.

Thanks for your reply,
I've done the above and also taken the heli outside away from any interference but same "Bind Failed" so im now at the stage where i believe the transmitter to be faulty.

Simon

Hi' :)

I'm having problems binding my new DX6 to a Blade 120 SR.
I've added a new model and done the bind via the menu i've also tried turning the heli on and waiting for the blinking red led and then holding the button and turning on the transmitter and then selecting bind but no luck, i just get "Bind Failed" i've also downloaded a model file and loaded it via sd card but no luck.

DX6 only wants to say "Bind Failed"

Any help appreciated.

Ok i have the reason for this now and thought i would share this info with anyone else in the same situation as me.

This is why my DX6 will not work on my blade 120sr and or my blade 400 3d.

DSM2 which are no longer supported with any new Spektrum radio which have DSMX modulation only, this is due to the new EU legislation which has been in effect since 15th of Jan 2015 this can be confirmed by Horizon Hobby UK or check the link http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=103168

Hope this helps any newbie like me.

Tony

Staff member
This is the first I'm hearing of that. DSMX is supposed to be backwards compatible with DSM2, or at least I thought. Guess it's just more legislation to make our lives harder.

murankar

Staff member
My older 120sr bound just fine. I transfered a file over and bound. I found the file on helifreak and downloaded it.

I don't like the setup on it. I need to move some switches and fix some of the curves.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
My older 120sr bound just fine. I transfered a file over and bound. I found the file on helifreak and downloaded it.

I don't like the setup on it. I need to move some switches and fix some of the curves.

Simon

This is the first I'm hearing of that. DSMX is supposed to be backwards compatible with DSM2, or at least I thought. Guess it's just more legislation to make our lives harder.
I agree Tony yet more EU regs to hold us back.

If i bought an older DX6 i would have no problem and would not be having this conversation but because mine was made after jan 2015 it has the new EU spec "ONLY DSMX" no DSM2.

murankar

Staff member
BTW you should be able to switch between dsm2 and dsmx in the system menu I believe.

System settings
---> frame rate
------> set dsm2 and dsmx

Simon

BTW you should be able to switch between dsm2 and dsmx in the system menu I believe.

System settings
---> frame rate
------> set dsm2 and dsmx

Yes but only in units manufactured before jan 2015 any new spektrum transmitter will be "DSMX only" if sold in the EU as stated in the link above.

murankar

Staff member
I just bought mine in march and had both. I sure its just a firmware thing anyways.

Personally it think it would be a poor move on Specktrums side. With all the bind and fly stuff they have it would be a waist for them.

Simon

I said manufactured before jan 2015 not brought. your device was probably built a few months before you bought it, im buying a new one but it will still be PRE jan/2015
Go and read the link i posted here and it will explain it all to you, and if you still think its not true, then thats your choice :)
I've just had a DX6 "DSMX Only" with no "DSM2" i was told by the supplier it's a "DSMX ONLY" and if i wanted a DSM2 i would need to order a pre 2015 due to the NEW EU LAWS that is explained in the link i posted here.

Tony

Staff member
This has me wondering if this is a EU thing only or if this is everywhere. I'm going to have to check into this.

murankar

Staff member
Darn, wouldn't think that would happen. Then if yours is dsmx only then yeah your 120sr won't bind unless there is a dsmx update for the 120sr.

They are going to elminate all dsm2 models from bind and fly. Just doesn't make sense to me that's all. Not implying your wrong. I have been wrong a lot and let people know I might be wrong.

Simon

I'm also wrong at times murankar but this DSM2 stuff i did some research and included some links it also mentions it on horizons site. i've also had the pain of owning a blade 120SR and a blade 4003D both on DSM2 and having just brought a DSMX only transmitter i was gutted. and also the firmware was up to date, so unless there was something that could be done with custom firmware i don't know.

I think they need to make it more clear so we can understand if its EU only or everywhere and is DSM2 on its way out.

I should be getting my new DX6 replacement today so fingers crossed all will be fine and i will treasure my transmitter knowing its special :)
It say's there is no law against selling or buying a DSM2 transmitter but i wonder how long it will be that way, It would not surprise me if the EU puts a user licence on DSM2 like they did with fm cb radios.

Simon

Ok guy's just got my DX6 replacement and i bind the 120 sr just like that, easy peasy, This new DX6 looks no different in any way to the one i sent back except it has "frame rate" in the menu.

Im happy chappy now and will continue my heli practice :)

Kind Regards
Simon

murankar

Staff member
Glad it worked. Keep us posted as things develop. Also you should be able to download older versions and install them. Not sure if it will allow you to down grade.

Tony

Staff member
I would so be hitting up ebay and ordering from here in the states when you get your new DX9. Yes, you know you are going to get a DX9 lmao.

Simon

im just happy i have my 120 in the air and its hovering so much better than with the old DX6i that had bad pots.

if i get another transmitter it will be only because i needed more channels because the DX6 has over 200 model storage spaces and a sd card slot :) so no plans for a DX9 lol, also the DX6 was only 119 quid.

i've got some nice clean hovering time in on the 120. im still at tail close to me and if it goes to the side then im in trouble.
eventually i want to place little cut outs of ppl around the garden and hook them, then take them to a heli landing zone. but my skills would not handle it yet :(

Top Bottom