1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Hey Guest, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum Dx12i. Thoughts??

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by liquid1, Jan 12, 2018.

1. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Mobile hydraulic technician
    I like the touch screen aspect. Not so much android what’s everyone think . I just got the DX9 Black edition for Christmas for 100 bucks more I could get the Dx12i

Attached Files:

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    If you want touch screen and the ability to now text and fly :facepalm:, then the ix12 is it. I have the DX9 Black and quite honestly, I don't "need" to upgrade. But we all know wants and needs are two completely different things lmao.

liquid1 likes this.
  3. Smoggie

Smoggie I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I think it looks very good, colour screen seems nice providing it's good quality. Not sure if i'd consider changing though as in terms of the actual functionality of the Tx I dont think they have really added anything.

liquid1 likes this.
  4. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    I would love one but can't justify it, I currently have a DX9 Gen#1, it does everything I need and more.
    Why do I like? it's new and shiny, would it make my helicopter, planes & Drones fly better ? I doubt it, that would a better pilot, any crashes I have are not related to the DX9.

liquid1 likes this.
  5. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    How if this new Tx had hall effect sensors.... Yea, then I would be selling my DX9 lmao.

liquid1 likes this.
  6. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Mobile hydraulic technician
    Yea I agree im loving theDX 9 comming from a DX7 I’m trying to get more use to the programming functions and interface workings. Haven’t had the time yet to dig deep into the DX9, I have used the download airwaves to transfer programs for several of my models and it works great . The touch screen on DX12 I slide scale instead of the buttons does add a cool factor. I use a similiar setup at work programming machines using a axis system and a lap top it’s fast and to the point Wifi to the machine let’s me set threshold min max speeds expo live while operator is using unit controls . My brother in laws friend has the DX12i ordered and if he likes it my brother in laws getting one. I think these will jump off shelves if they jerk the prices lower. My concerns is now the DX9 will be obselete soon like they did the DX7 to many is a radio hard to beat. I’ll never use either up I’m novice pilot at best and fly for fun when I certified for rc planes my instructor was loving the DX7 I was using 7 years ago haven’t flew much since speaking of Hall effects I’ll pass that’s a discussion for another day lol