Dumb thumbs all day, not just flying

Lee

Yesterday was one of those days. You know the ones were you drop everything you touch, trip over every thing, even over the flat ground. Not a day to be flying a RC Helicopter. Well I dropped my DX8. Broke a switch off it :( then i dropped my FPV goggles, luckily no damage. The everything i flew just felt wrong. The quad, my 5 and 600 just didn't feel right in the air.
Warning. If you just don't feel right, don't even bother to pick up your radio. Something bad is going to happen :D
Well now i need to find out how to get into the back of my DX8 and replace this switch.
On a brighter note, great flying conditions tomorrow :twothumbsup:

RMB677

Thats why after reading a couple of posts about dropping a Tx I bought a neck strap just to play safe. If I don't have two hands on the Tx the neck strap is around my neck.

Lee

It wasn't round my neck. It was on the table. Yes the DX6I is super easy, not so with the DX8. Its harder to take apart.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tough luck lee! It's just above freezing here. And I don't feel like having frozen hands flying. So I guess I'll stay indoors and warm! LOL

Tony

Staff member
We have all been there lmao. At least you knew to not keep flying and didn't crash anything.

As for taking the DX8 apart, you have to remove the rubber grips to access the screws. It's a pain but once you get them off, it's pretty easy. Just watch teh wires inside. And when you take the rubber grips off, try to save the sticky on the back of them. It's just a thin fiber film that you can move and place if it pulls off. What switch was it?

Lee

I tried to take it apart but it didn't work. Now i know why. There are two more screws under the rubber on the sides, not just under the rubber grips. Luckily not an important switch, the rudder D/R switch.

Tony

Staff member
I have taken mine apart but don't have it here with me and couldn't remember the location of all of the screws. They did a great job of hiding them lol. And I never used that switch except on my 6i when I had all of my DR/Expo's on that one switch. Otherwise, I never use it.

Lee

I'll probably never use it but, I'm a perfectionist, and everything has to be as it should. I think i've found a replacement switch for about $5

Top Bottom