Servos DS410M problem

gr82av8

My elevator servo on my trex450 pro v2 recently became very "jittery" around mid stick. No crash before the jitters. I took the top off of the servo, removed the gears, and cleaned under the plastic guard to see if that would help. It did not. I then removed the bottom and am trying to de-solder the three studs (see above the toothpick in the picture) so I can clean the brush and underside. I can not get the solder off the studs. I have used desolder wick and that did not help. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

0511152056.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey gr82av8, how old are the servos? When my servos started jittering, "nervous twitch" I take no chance and replace it. That just me. I had one with the jitter on my tail servo, I ignore it, next thing my heli is spinning like a top. Should of replace it instead of ignore it. Lesson learn.

gr82av8

Hey D.O.G., I probably have about 125-150 7 min. flights on them. The gears look great. That's the reason I was hoping there would be some easy way to clean the brush on the potentiometer. I hear you on the "take no chance" and that is wise advice. I don't know if anyone still sells these servos. If not, I don't have the cash to buy three more servos at this time.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey D.O.G., I probably have about 125-150 7 min. flights on them. The gears look great. That's the reason I was hoping there would be some easy way to clean the brush on the potentiometer. I hear you on the "take no chance" and that is wise advice. I don't know if anyone still sells these servos. If not, I don't have the cash to buy three more servos at this time.
I understand about the cash. I use spray electrical cleaner then compressed air to blow the junk out. You can give that a try.

Lee

Only thing I can think of, is the Pot is dirty, but you know that already.

Tony

Staff member
I thought you could just pull that whole thing out of the case in one piece. Is that not the case?,

gr82av8

I thought you could just pull that whole thing out of the case in one piece. Is that not the case?,

Tried to pry the board off but couldn't. The board is soldered to the three pins. Unfortunately, it won't lift out. I was watching a guy on youtube with the same issue. He had a desoldering gun that he used and it worked for him. I figured the desolder braid would accomplish the same thing, but I haven't had any luck with it.

cml001

Mine did the same thing on the 450PRO DFC..v3.. Same servos I think... Elevator did it first & I replaced it... Then an aileron servo.. At that point the heli was fine & had never been crashed... I ended up buy'n a set different cyclic servos... Still using them since the end of... 2013 I think.

gr82av8

Mine did the same thing on the 450PRO DFC..v3.. Same servos I think... Elevator did it first & I replaced it... Then an aileron servo.. At that point the heli was fine & had never been crashed... I ended up buy'n a set different cyclic servos... Still using them since the end of... 2013 I think.

I found a person on ebay that still sells the 410's so I bought a replacement. The next servo that goes, I'm going to replace all cyclic with a different servo as you did. What servos did you end up using? I'm thinking about the DS430M...heard anything good/bad about them?

cml001

MKS92A+ cyclic & the 95i tail.... LOVE them... I believe they have replaced the 92 line with the newer 93s.. Same price.. Just an updated line of servos..Then standard size Align servos seem good... I didn't like their mini or micro servos at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom