General Don't you hate when....

Boogs

...you're doing figure 8's and your nose itches.

...there's an itsy bitsy spider hanging from the bill of your cap.

...the wind comes up out of nowhere just as you're about to land.

...some sweat gets in your eye.

Feel free to add yours.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
... when the wife ask you if your busy because someone is one the phone for you.
... when spectators try to talk to you while flying.
or walks in front of you and stop to say " Sorry, I didn't see that you're flying"

Geena

Staff member
The things I can`t stand are:

1. When I`m preparing my helicopter to fly, and a planker decides THIS is the time to come over and play 20 questions.

2. When I`m CLEARLY preparing to go fly, and they decide that they need to get a plane in the air before I can get to the flight line.

3. I`m working on my demo flight routine, and they want to come out to the flight line and jabber about "how do you do that" stuff.

My solutions:

For number 1: Politely tell them, to hold that thought until I get back to the pits, and go fly.

For number 2: Take my helicopter to the flight line announce takeoff, and proceed with the hardest lowest meanest smack flight I can possibly dig out of the bowels of my soul....They usually land in a panic, and the sky is mine.

For number 3: Wait til they are totally focused on my thumbs, and then bring the helicopter down the runway, and do an aggressive nose down wall 20 ft out, and right in front of us. Planker goes back to the pit to change their undies. ;)

Admiral

Your phone in your pocket starts ringing..... you land & answer it and it some #%&$@ doing a survey.
Some kid from the next sports field wanders on to the flying field.

murankar

Staff member
When I get asked:

How fast does it go?

How far away can you fly it?

How high does it go?

1) 5 kph
2) farther than you can see
3) at 400 feet it crashes.

Tony

Staff member
I'm loving this thread. Wasps and bees will definitely make you crash your helicopter lmao. Gnats up your nose or in your ear, yup, that sucks. Gnat in your EYE! Been there. People wanting to talk, yup. Keep them coming guys, this is fantastic lmao.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yesterday evening while flying FPV with my quad, I have no idea but some how a freaking fly go into my googles and almost made me crash.

callsign4223

Staff member
When little kids want to see me fly but don't understand they need to stay behind me. 20ft in front of me is not a safe place to be.

Jimbo

Well, because I fly in our five acre, back pasture, with nobody around, I can't think of anything that upsets me.

Jim

Boogs

LOL, very true Ivan.

...when a pair of teenagers, distracted with their phones, plops down in the field you are getting ready to fly in.

Boogs

It's been too windy to fly so you haven't charged any batteries, only to wake up and it's dead calm.

Top Bottom