General don't know what to do

gaurdian

Well don't know that to do I see allot of you guys fly different brands of heli's than I have I've got the blade 2 450 3d and 1 400 3d,, and I don't see any post of blade heli's ...and I see that allot of post are about the align mostly.....well the thing is I just started this heli thing and flying them pretty good I think....but I have a chance to buy a 500 align and a gaui 5x both flybar for 350$ with a bunch of parts and 3 battery's he say's run around 350$ by them self...being new to this is this a good deal? jump on it or not....I thought if there by far a better heli make than blade heli's I might just ebay my blade heli and buy the align and gaui 5x and start fresh...confused and need input if to buy better heli for just stay with what I have...

murankar

Staff member
I would jump on it, but not before getting all the details on both the kits. Being flybared the spare parts may nor be as available. Also I would check to see if they can be upgraded or updated to a more current kit like fbl. Also find out why he is selling if you don't know.

The price is really good for two kits. Like I said I would jump on it if I had the cash.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
I too would love to have a fly bar kit flying too. In some cases much easier to setup and fly.

Tony

Staff member
I have a flybar helicopter (hk450gt) but my head has a lot of slop so inverted is a pain.

The reason you hear about Align more than anything is because that is the go to helicopter. It's cheap enough for just about everyone to purchase, but it's also good enough quality that you know it's going to work.

You can go the clone route, but you will be sorry and will end up replacing everything with Align anyway. So might as well go with Align to start off with. However, if you want something that is outstanding, then get something like the Warp 360 or the SAB Goblin 500. Those are top of the line helicopters, but you get what you pay for, if you catch my drift.

Admiral

Hi Gaurdian, while there are not a lot of posts about the Blade helicopters a lot of members have or do own them, I have two Blade 400s one FBL and one Flybarred they are great machines to learn on. Move on when your ready to but I've always found that it always costs to upgrade, if the Blades are going OK for you stick with them till you've learned all you can from them. If you need to know something just ask some Blade people will help.

Lee

The Align 500 and the X5 are very good helis. At $350 it sounds like a bargain.
But you need to know there condition. Any damage? Do they come with all the electronics?
If you can get more info, let us know.

pvolcko

I've got Blade 550X and 300X (and a 350QX), along with some micros. 550X is my go to heli at the moment. Great machine. Less expensive to fix in a crash compared to my 700's (Trex and Goblin) and feels less risky to fly than the 500 Goblin I have. I normally fly the hell out of the 300X too, but I'm chasing down a right banking/vibration issue at the moment so not putting many flights on it.

Slobberdog

the X5 is nearly a 550 machine so the price sounds to good to be true, I would be as bit apprehensive until I found out the detail in them, as said above what components and what condition the helis are in.

pvolcko

On the OP: Personally, I don't have any flybar helis. I've thought about getting one time to time, but so far it hasn't been worth it to me. Less parts on the flybarless, I'm pretty much good on flybaress setup process, and I've found flybar helis to be significantly noisier compared to flybarless (greater rotor mass, flybar adds noise itself) which I find off-putting.

IF you've flown flybarless to this point then you may want to stick with it. You will have to relearn a bit flying flybar helis. Pitching up behaviors in FFF, wind will need you to be putting in more corrections, different Tx setup tricks, more "connected" feeling to the model, etc.

As for price, sounds like a good deal. Nothing to complain about on that score.

gaurdian

ok just talked to the guy about the align and gaui 5x now I haven't seen them yet tell saterday there 150 mile drive to look at them so this is the thing the align is pretty new a year old not a clone, he crashed it a couple times and had it rebuilt by someone else he don't know how to set it up so had a guy do it for him and just gave up on it says was to hard for him and started doing rc car's instead ....and for the gaui it's new never flown it's new and just doing the build and gave up on it, it's has no servo's or receiver but everything else is there all carbon everything so I just might jump on this if it's a good deal I can't pass this up then is what im thinking .....

murankar

Staff member
I would jump on it quick. If what he says is true then I would take it. You may need to do some maintenance on the align but it should be easy. The Gaui if never flown then all you need is electrics and its good.

Top Bottom