Quad Does this kit sound OK.

Karubah

Haven,t had any feed back on earlier thread re good kit to build. Found this one from a seller about 1 hr from where I live.

TBS Discovery frame.
TBS Core
APM2.5 Ardrflyer with GPS.
APM case
TBS 69 Camera
900kv Bird Dog Motors
Bird Dog Opto 30a Simmonk ESCs
Switched UBEC
Bird Dog 10x5 Carbon props. Will use APM props to start.
Plus All hardware.

Any thoughts and feedback on this would be great. Thanks guys. I would have put in link to sellers site but don,t know how to do that.

Lee

Thats a bitchin' Quad with all the trimmings. I guess it depends how much hes asking

Lee

That camera on it alone is worth $200. $180 for the APM 2.5 + another $6/700 for the rest. Sounds like a good deal of theres no hidden faults.

Tasajara

Yep all those parts are more than he is asking.... Should work out well...
Even if you have to change a thing or 2 it still seems like a good deal..

Karubah

Sent him an email and he said he would upgrade the flight controller to a naza GPS unit for another $ 250 I presume he would keep the APM 2.5. Any thoughts on which way to go. I know the naza would be easier to set up but is it worth the extra $ ?

Karubah

Trying to get some info TX for quads I have a Dx8 can I use it on a quad and how would it be set up? Is there quad files available for download ? Just bit lost on this at the moment:help: please.

Lee

DX8 is what i have. THe only file available is for the MQX. Very simple to set up though. It will just depend on which flight controller you buy for the quad.

Karubah

Well i finally pushed the button and ordered the above quad. I emailed the seller and he was very obliging and uprgraded the controller to a naza with gps. I aked him to keep the camera and apm 2.5 and it cost me an extra $30 for the naza. I plan on getting a FPV kit later on but for now will use my GoPro. I'm really looking forward to this build. Heres hoping it all goes together without too many issues.

Karubah

My TBS Discovery is on its way and should be here Monday. YAY!! He even threw in 2 spare sets of Bird Dog props. Has anyone used these props? Mongrel gear have them made for them and I watched a small clip and they seem very stiff.:eagerness:

Top Bottom