450 Does the 360 CFX fit in this group? Or is it a 500 class helicopter?

murankar

Staff member
Wet size blades does it have? If the blades are smaller than 325 mm then no. If your blade size are one of the following then yes, 235mm 360 mm, 380 mm.

Last edited:

Smoggie

Yeah, it's a 360mm blade '450 class' heli

To be honest the old 'class' designation of electric helis which were originally based on brushed motor sizes are so far obsolete these days to be meaningless. All they do is add confusion. Looking at the Blade heli range for a couple of examples of how confusing those old style brushed motor designations get;
  • The Blade 450 is a smaller heli than the Blade 360
  • The Blade 270 is a bigger heli than the Blade 300.

Stupid or what?.. To be to fair to Blade they are phasing out the old style brushed motor class designations. Not many manufacturers actually use them anymore, Align being one of the few 'offenders'.

Smoggie

This is one of the changes we are going to make to the forum in the near future.

Tony,

Sorry if my post came accross as critical of the way the sub-forums are organised, that wasn't what i intended at all.

It's kinda hard to keep up with the changing way helis are 'labelled' especially so at smaller helis sizes. The only thing more confusing is brushless motor designation!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The way I'm going to do it is 360, 380 and 450 are going to be in one group since they are effectively the same size. Then, you have the 500's that are even worse with 425, 500 and 570 lol. It's somethign that is needed to keep confusion down on what goes where. Even a couple years ago when goblin came out with the 660, no one knew if they should put it in the 600 section, or the 700. So this change has been a long time coming.

trainrider06

We all appreciate feedback here Mikker! Please feel free to voice any concerns! If you have nasty complaints though, here's Tony's number.....lol just kidding, but feel free to PM me with any concerns or peeved issues.

Smoggie

Main Rotor Diameter: 31.10 in (790mm)

I think it qualifies as an 800.

The 360CFX as the name suggests has 360mm length blades, therefore the 300-400mm forum is the correct place to put it.

Blade length is gradually becoming the universally accepted standard for classifying helicopter size. Rotor diameter is something altogether different, while it could be argued to be a sensible way to classify helis it's not a way that's in common use.

Top Bottom