250 Does any one know where i can get a decent gyro for a Trex 250

murankar

Staff member
Some people have had good luck with the ga 250. I just got a JR gyro but that might be out of the price range along with the Align GP790. Not sure about the GY48's and how well they work. unfortunately if you want a solid tail you cant go cheap, but if your looking for something to just get on then by all means.

I first tail config was the Assan GA 250 with the Align DS 520 servo. That combo would cost you around $75, but since you are on a 250 the tail servo would more than likely be the DS410/DS420 which is cheaper total cost maybe $50 $55 USD.

heli-maniac

i have 4 Assan ga 250 gyros im trying to sale 2 are brand new in the box 2 are used i went flybarless on all my 450s so i dont need them
25.00 shipped for a new one
20.00 shipped for a slight used one
the ga 250 will hold the tail of a 450 heli real well so they are grate for the 250 to 500 helis

Last edited:

Trex 250 Flyer

Yes it did but someone sais if the speed contoller got too hot so quick it might have shorted everything out so i am 'was' looking for one.But i popped down to my local hobby store and ask if i could check all my servos and gyro without a speed controller (which was burnt out) and they sold me a battery cradle which they said you plug straight into the receiver into the throtle port, and so i did, all the sevos and gyro are still working!!!:) I all so bound it finally i think it was the speed contoller overheating and the JST plug on the end so i now have my Trex 250 back up and running....FINALLY!!:)

BOKI

Hi Trex 250; Horizion Hobby.com has a mini gyro $ 50 I dont' know much but go to that web site under search under helicopter parts ! Don't know alot about gyro's. BOKI good to talk to you again! ILLINOIS TIME 7:28 PM Monday The Best! Don't know if this helps!

Tony

Staff member
Boki, he just said his gyro was okay.

250, did you get another ESC? If not, get an Align ESC. They are worth the money.

zenmetsu

Tony,

Do you have any specs for the Align ESC? I have a rather bulky 30A ESC that I would like to replace and put the 30A in my upcoming 450. I am curious what the current rating and weight are.

Regarding gyros, I can highly recommend the Spartan Quark for a 250. It holds the tail very well with a JR-DS290G servo. They are pricey at $150, but very small, light weight, and quite responsive.

Tony

Staff member
For a 450, get the 35a Align ESC. As for spec sheets, I don't have them on hand but they are all over google. The ESC's are pretty light for what they are and work great.

BOKI

Hi Trex 2250 flyer < I would go along with what Tony recommends for you to do! Tony you are really great at all the RC stuff! I watched one of your videos on CCPM & the orange RX & you did a great job on that video With Your DX6I ! Always like all your videos & all your flying reviews! THE BEST BOKI ILLINOIS2:53 AM ILLINOIS TIME WEDNESDAY!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Zenmestsu; Sorry I never called you by your name in my previous answer to your Trex 250 question! Go by what Tony tells You! He does a great JOB! BOKI WEDNESDAY ILLINOIS TIME3:04 AM THE BEST!

Top Bottom