Misc DJI hexacopter battery monitoring

Baz

If I turn off battery monitoring in the dji naza assistant would a lipo voltage buzzer be OK as my battery warning ?

Baz

seems like a bit of a pain to set up properly - surely a 3s or 4s lipo should have set levels for first and second stage warnings

WyDiablo

I just ran mine by trial and error until I got them to fly so many minutes and recharge at a certain amount of mah. So then I set my timer (Clock timer) to the minutes that I needed to discharge the 80%. That naza for me is really screwie.

Stambo

I would have thought the NAZA system worthy of the extra time it takes to set up.
Surely having an aircraft that will auto land when the batteries get too low is better than one that falls out of the sky for the same reason.
You have to remember that using a timer is all well and good when your batteries are all new but as they get older the capacity decreases. With a timer you would get closer and closer to danger levels until the inevitable end.
A good lipo buzzer is probably the next best thing but a combination of all methods, including monitoring what goes back in to each battery, has to be the best.
Just my humble opinion and experience.

Reactions: Baz

fredor

I am using the Futaba TF8G and being a senior am having trouble hearing the warning buzzer from the timer is there a genius here that could offer a solution to my problem, I previously used the Spektrum DX8 and the buzzer and vibrate were ideal
Thank you

Stambo

Get someone that's handy with a soldering iron to replace the beeper with a louder one.

Tony

Staff member
fredor, I would highly suggest against using the buzzer and just use your timer on your Tx. Set it for 5 minutes and see how much battery you have left. If quite a bit, then raise the timer. You want to shoot for 80% of the total MAH of the pack.

fredor

fredor, I would highly suggest against using the buzzer and just use your timer on your Tx. Set it for 5 minutes and see how much battery you have left. If quite a bit, then raise the timer. You want to shoot for 80% of the total MAH of the pack.

Thank you for your suggestions the problem Tony is if I rely on the timer I am wearing distance glasses which are tinted I am in Australia and by the time I have focused on the display my Quad could have flown back to China so I would prefer some kind of sound or even vibration

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know of a separate unit that I may be able to fix to my transmitter

I had a guy who set the timer on his iphone/android. Set it for the set time, and it beeped and vibrated when the time was up, and then he brought his plane down, and all was good.

Top Bottom