Misc DJI F550 order cancelled

Baz

well after waiting 2 weeks for a built up F550 complete with DX8 radio gear Naza and GPS from quadcopters UK I have today cancelled the order and now I have ordered kit stuff from elsewhere.
After receiving an invoice and paying immediately,that was the last time I heard from them.No text,e-mail to say they had received payment or phone calls to say there was a holdup or anything with nearly a thousand pounds of mine in the bank.After many phone calls etc there was still no definite date for shipping so I cancelled.
Looking forward to receiving the kit but I may need some help from you people
All the best
Baz

wolfman76

you could try www.blueskyrc.com for a frame i purchased the xrotor spider quad frame bout 16 dollars you have to purchase the square wood arms seperate but the supply a link to order those i would order 3 36" rods for extra for when you crash don't forget the screws hopefully they won't be on back order if they are i originally substituted with 3mm bolts and nylon lock nuts and just ask around for motor and esc combos
i have this control board for 60 dollars more you can get the gps module
v4r6 PARIS Siriusâ„¢ CPU IMU Multiwii Plug-n-Play Board with USB - MultiWiiCopter.com
or want really good quad you could do fpv flying with later goto this link and get the qav 500 i will getting it very soon
the QAV500 FPV Quad - Multi-Rotor Frames

Baz

Many thanks for that Wolfman but I have already ordered a replacement DJI F550 setup with DX8 and tiger motors
Hopefully all will arrive as promised
time will tell

Lee

Such a shame. In this climate, how can a company let a sale of £1000 walk out the door. Are people crazy. I could build you a quad if you wanted. Maybe I should offer out my skills and build RTF quads and helis for sale. Now theres a business idea. :D

Reactions: Baz

wolfman76

Such a shame. In this climate, how can a company let a sale of £1000 walk out the door. Are people crazy. I could build you a quad if you wanted. Maybe I should offer out my skills and build RTF quads and helis for sale. Now theres a business idea. :D

no kidding lee especially the way times are right now that is plain ole MADNESS!!!! lol and hey that might just be a business venture.... and i hope so too baz...

Baz

Thanks for the offer Lee,sounds like a business plan to me.But while I have been waiting I have trawled through many sites,this being one of them and you tube videos.I think I might have most of the know how to get the job done,its just the transmitter settings I'm not 100% with but like I said I'm sure there are people here I could ask :D

Tasajara

LOL I have done that 5 times so far.... Build quads for sale that is..
Yeah that sucks about your order.... It is a shame that you get all excited about getting a multiRotor and they rain on your parade... by not following through.
I knew nothing about multirotors a few years ago. A lot of reading and trail and error, and I had one flying in no time... you won't have any problem getting it going. Just takes a little time to get the hang of it.
As far as motors go I have 2 sets of tiger motors, they have been the best motors I have used, along side the Avroto 2814 Short Shaft motors that I also have.
And a few Suppo's on my low end quads.
I have 3 Spider quads, 1- DJI F550 Hexa, 1 I-Frame Quad, and a Tri flying, and a QAV 500 in the works.
I have just been working so much right now no time to build the QAV yet. Which sucks but I will be buying more toys :welcoming:

As wolfman said ppl help you out and get you headed in the right direction. And If I can help in any way don't wait to ask.... I will do what I can... :friendly_wink:

Last edited:

wolfman76

listen to craig (tasajara) he is kinda the mult rotor guru round these parts we all end up asking him at one point or another i have learned alot from him and others i will be getting the qav 500 soon with fpmanuals fm-4008 motors and 18amp plush esc's from hobbyking plus looking into fpv gear right now also....and quite a few other things also.. lol

Baz

OK will do.
Well what a difference in service,ordered yesterday from buzzflyer.co.uk and it arrived first thing this morning - EXCELLENT service.Absolutely no comparison to quadcopters
Now that is how it should be.
All I need now is time to build,just waiting for some sleeving and heatshrink also

Tasajara

I am not the one stop source for info... there are many others that can chime in to get you going in the right direction..
Everyone has a different take on how things should go so just take it all in and pick what fits you the best...

BTW glad to here you got your order this time...

Last edited:
Top Bottom