DJI F550 Hexa with X-468 landing gear and camera mount

Tasajara

I finally got my Hitec HS-65MG Mighty Micro servos in. So I got to finish my X-468 camera mount on the landing gear.
Did a little flight test to try it out in the backyard.
My GoPro was on the camera mount. It was set on wide angle so you could see the movement of the Hexa and the smooth shot of the camera.
The camera I will use want have as wide a view so the landing gear and ball should not be in the shot.

[video=youtube_share;JX-NNSgUU6U]http://youtu.be/JX-NNSgUU6U [/video]

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I wouldn't think you would want to see anything except the camra shot.should work with a narrower shot though.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that thing works great! Sam, he left the quad in the shot so you could see how the camera mount was working. There was a little vibration, but nothing I would be too worried about. Man, this plus your new fpv gear should equate to some really good images. I think it's time to fpv those trails!!! hehe

Tasajara

Yep left the landing gear in the shot for reference on how the stabilization worked.
When I do aerials I will have the camera pointed down a bit and can move the landing gear back just a bit if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be putting the GPS on here with a Video TX so I can see what I take a pic of.
GPS will give me position hold, I already have alt hold, and auto level.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the vibration I will be getting some carbon props or Graupner and run this bad boy on 4s 5000mAh.
Using a smaller prop spinning faster gives me a smoother flight platform.

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly right, as you are spinning the props faster and faster, it will go from a vibration to a harmonic vibration. Only thing to be careful there of is it will put horrible waves in your camera if they are too strong. But, you I'm sure are doing a great balance job on the props so no worry there.

Lee

Looks Great. I have a 600 size camera mount that i never used. Might put it to use soon. There was a little shake here and there, but nothing major. Do you have any sort of vibration mounts between the frame and camera mount?

Tasajara

I have some rubber grommets on the landing gear.When I get ready to do some video I will swap out the rubber for silicone.
But this will be mostly for still shots. I did a few pics today trying it out. But nothing special.
Used a cheap 5mp Pentax I have had for many years S5z.
01-  hexa pics.JPG02-  hexa pics.JPG03-  hexa pics.JPG

01-  hexa pics.JPG

02-  hexa pics.JPG

03-  hexa pics.JPG

Top Bottom