Disregard Of Language Filter = 1 Week Ban

Tony

Staff member
I have been VERY relaxed on the language here on the forum, and that is coming to an end today. If you go around my language filters, you will receive a 1 week ban from the forum. Substituting a "*" for a letter is considered going around my filters. We have young members on this forum, and you need to respect that.

So just know, if you need a vacation from this forum, go around my filters. If you post something up that is not on my filters (because it's someones name) but use it in a way that is offensive to others, you will be banned. If the offense is bad enough and you are attacking one of RCH's members or the forum, your ban will be permanent.

I'm sorry it has to come down to this, but last night was the final straw.

If you feel that you can not help but post things that offend others, please, leave my forum and never come back.

Thanks

wolfman76

Here here my good man!!!!! Respect for the young as well as respect for the elderly (sam) hehehe j/k you know i am just meeting with you buddy.... Heck i am getting to be elderly myself... Lol

Good work Tony! I like to see that you're really in on this forum and making it a place for everyone to come and join and should be a safe place for all involved.
Hope there's very few instances of people over stepping the mark

Tony

Staff member
Thanks everyone. As stated, I was very lax on it for a while when there were no kids on here. Now we have <16 year olds on here and I know I would not want my kids reading what I read. I love this hobby, and even though we fly war planed, we don't have to cuss like sailors on here lmao. thanks everyone for understanding. I'm just tired of editing posts, seems to not get the point across. I feel there are going ot be quite a few changes to RCH here very soon.

Tony

Staff member
That is because the staff on here is AWESOME and handles things quickly. Just like handling spam on here.

Good point Tony, just realised I've never noticed spam on here!
As much as none of us like censorship, I think when it comes to the bullying and salty language that appears to have occured while us southerners where either asleep or at work, it needs to be stopped quickly.
As curious as I am, I think we should close the door on that chapter and move on and continue to be the happy cheerful group that we usually are. Tony has done the hard yards and sorted the problem out there and then. Time to move on and lets enjoy it again

Karubah

Keep up the good work Tony. I think a bit of respect for others goes a long way and that includes not using offensive language. So a big thanks to all the moderators for keeping this forum as the best on the RC net. Cheers, A

Slobberdog

Can't agree with you more Tony the site and people who help you are great, there's not much need for bad language and normally people use it when upset and try writing stuff quick without thinking to much.

Tony

Staff member
I will be the first to say it, I use it. However, when I'm mad, I want to use it a LOT more. But, as I did above, I have to sit back and actually type it out in a professional manner. I have been guilty of cutting it up with other members having a good time and posting some things. However, I make sure I'm not singling anyone out, calling anyone names, or just generally being rude. However, from today on, I"m going to try to make this a 100% family site. All because we are growing pretty quickly and getting more and more younguns on here. And the last thing I want to do is make "Dad" mad lol.

danhampson

When i first started this hobby i joined a few forums and used to go on them all, but now the only one i use is this one because of the fact that no question is ever stupid or you get abused because your a noob.
Everyone has to start somewhere and i would recommend this site to anyone who want to get into this hobby.
I would like to say thanks to tony and the team for keeping this a fun and safe place for people of all ages to learn and try to iron out there rc problems.
A big thanks to all the team.

wolfman76

I couldn't agree with you more Tony being a father of four myself....but i think what you meant say is you don't want to make mama mad!!!!! Lol

Last edited:

Microbus

It's great we all have a place to come to share and gather knowledge. Thanks for keeping it fun and clean for everyone!

canongraphy

day late and a dollar short as always, lol and the mods are superfast because I was on here last night and missed it too!
great job of tossing the grenade out away from the bleachers! Great site and great mods keep it that way.
thanks!

Top Bottom