General Discovery

treff

I put this out here for anyone who has not flown a FBL helicopter yet. It is easier in my opinion to
fly a FBL rather than a fly-barred helicopter especially when learning nose in hovering. I found the heli is far more stable and does not tend to drop away especially backwards. I found this very difficult to control when learning nose in hovering. Maybe it's old age I don't really know only that it is by far easier to do with
FBL heli. It kinda sits there nice and easy. The only thing you have to watch for is that the controls
are a little more sensitive but more positive, the heli goes where you put it. I put this out her for anyone that's interested I think changing to FBL was well worth the effort. Cheers

EyeStation

Glad you are enjoying the transition. A well setup heli makes all the difference between sweaty hands and fun flying. Happy you are on the fun side of the hobby.

treff

Cheers EyeStation, yes enjoying the learning curve at the moment LOL I'm sure we will meet other problems in the future LOL.
Put through about 10 batteries today, the longest without problem never mind crashing. Things seem to be holding together well must be
the extra strength loc-tight LOL. The only problem I have is the tail boom keeps working loose and twisting so if anyone got a solution please
don't be shy LOL. I think flying will be limited soon because of the Winter so I have been looking around to see if there is a club that flies indoors
near to where I live. I must also find a better flying site my garden is to small and flying in the road is a bit scary at times. Cheers

Slobberdog

Take the tail box appart and either add a little masking tape around the boom before you slide it in or lightly sand the faces off the tail box,

Nice to hear you happy in the air Treff, Align DFC head a bit better than the clone stuff you had on there, gyro a bit better as well

treff

Thanks Kev for that great tip. I was thinking of getting the drill out LOL but will give that a go. Yes flying smooth but do need a bigger flatter flying field
garden and road no longer big or safe enough so will be looking round. Betws ruby club backs on to house so may well pop around there and see if I can
get permission to fly. Would be good if I can because I can just pop over the back fence LOL. Thanks again Cheers

Graham Lawrie

I fly both Treff and I cant see a difference at the moment I like both flybar and flybarless:) My 450 is flybarless and with the BX it is very stable:)

treff

Thanks Graham. I found with flybar the heli was sort of falling away backwards. I tried everything, I thought it maybe a CofG problem but I could
not cure it. The swash and head seemed level. It made it very difficult to do nose in hover. With the FBL head it really is a lot smoother
and easier to do nose in hover so chuffed with that. It's like all RC aircraft the secret is in the setting up. Cheers

Top Bottom