450 directions for cyclic setup, beastx AR7200 parameter 'L'

Wolf714

I installed 3 new spektrum H3020s on my 450X. All appears good, except I have a few concerns

far as the 'cyclic limits' or 'end point's for each servo, once I enter parameter 'L' how is that done? Do I just use the right stick & go to each point as far as I 'eyeball it' & then press to get out of that parameter?

or do I use the right stick to go far as I want- again, 'eyeball'- & then with that position held w/ my right hand, use the left hand on the rudder stick to move & set it for each end point on each servo before I exit the parameter?

I also need to do the same adjustment for the rudder end point limits -- I could use advice on that too

thanks--

Wolf

Lee

Move the cyclic stick to its limits.
If you hear or see any binding, reduce the limits using the rudder stick.
If you don't hear any binding, increase limits until you do, then back it off until theres no binding again.
LED should still be blue :)

Tony

Staff member
Below are the instructions for menu point L. You use the cyclic stick, and throttle stick to "check" the movement, but use the rudder to adjust the throw. You basically want the MAX amount of throw you can get without any binding. So move the rudder, check with cyclic, move the rudder, check with cyclic. Hope this helps.

L. Adjusting the Cyclic Swashplate Limit

Menu point (L) adjusts the maximum possible tilting of the swashplate for aileron
and elevator. The deflection is limited in a circular path, similar to a cyclic ring
function, preventing swashplate binding at full aileron and elevator travel.

1. Carefully move the sticks for aileron, elevator and pitch to all maximum
endpoints. Watch for binding or lack of movement in the swashplate, linkage
rods and servos.

2. Move the rudder stick right or left to increase or decrease the aileron and
elevator throw limiter. Always try to achieve the maximum possible cyclic
throw without causing binding.

3. The Status-LED should still be Blue when the swashplate is at the maximum
limit. If the Status-LED is Purple or Off, you must mechanically adjust the
helicopter to increase the available throw.

IMPORTANT: If you make any modifications to menu points (G), (J) or (K) in the
future, you must repeat menu point (L) again.
Push the setup button to save the selection and move to menu point (M).

pvolcko

Keep in mind that setting is not adjusting each servo individually. When you restrict the limit you will see that the limit in all cyclic directions, for whichever collective extent you are at, will be reduced too. This is so the swash stays level and flight behavior in all cyclic extents is matched as well as possible.

Top Bottom