Servos difference in analog vs digital servos

What im wanting to know might sound a little strange
I'am wanting to know what the difference is between analog servos and digital hight torqe servos.What i mean by that is the mechanical part of it.
I know what the difference between the analog and the digital servo itself.
I have looked inside my digal servo and i understand how it works.The four gears and pinion meshing together to move all the gears itself.
What i want to know is , what is the difference inside the servo of a high torqe to compare to a normal digital servo.Are the teeth in the gear deeper then normal to allow more torque, is it the pinion in the servo making the difference?

I'am hoping you understand what i'am tring to say

Tony

Staff member
If you just want to konw the difference between digital and analog, I have a video of this on my youtube channel. RcHelpDotCom is the username just in case you didn't know. And the difference in high torque and standard, is one produces more torque. I'm not sure what more I can say on that one. And just looking inside a servo will not tell anyone if they are digital or analog unless you specifically know what you are looking for.

Derek

....and unless I am mistaken...the digital servo's are suppose to me a bit faster, as well.

Top Bottom