Spektrum Did I Screw Up My DX6i????

Tony

Staff member
Had a guy bash me on youtube for painting the DX6i... I got a chuckle out of it. But it got me thinking...

How many of you think I screwed up that Tx? I know Matt didn't think so, he is the one that purchased it. But, I want to know if anyone else thinks this way about it?

Here is his message

Yeah it's just my opinion and I'm just some guy online so don't everyone cry about it....BUT I gotta say..

...Ugh!

I just saw you ruin that perfectly good DX6i, with thick, ugly, whatever that color is, paint... and top it off with a super thick, uneven, 'my kid made it at school' looking, clear coat.

WTF are you thinking?
It's worth nothing now, you ruined it!
It looks just like old lady toenail polish.
Why did you do that?

You took FOREVER to do it, and put tons of effort into it but you ended up with something that looks absolutely awful.

It reminds me of the 1980's look... people spent hours and hours in the bathroom, making themselves look ridiculous.. High effort, sub par pay off.

Geez that was a waste of time for you to do and for anyone to watch..

Who does that?
*Mind Boggled!

For those that have not seen it, here is the series on the DX6i Customization. I will admit this, the primer was thick as hell, but the paint was very thin including the clear.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLA4A9A06C5D097CCC" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

murankar

Staff member
Tony that tx was not nearly as bad as he made it sound.

To be honest it was one of the best mods I have seen so far on a tx. Most people try and protect their radios and would have not even thought of doing a paint job. It was your radio and when I think of RCH I see that radio.

People like that won't even try and mod something let alone a radio.

Do another one.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Best mod huh? I guess you never seen my knight rider mod lmao. That thing was awesome. I have the video on my computer and I'm watching it right now just to remember what I did.

I did watch the video where I painted it, and I did mention the primer that I used and that it sprayed way too thick. It was cold as hell out there when I did it, and that made it even thicker. The next one I do, will probably be done with purely automotive paint. The base and clear was auto paint, but the primer was not.

You think I should do my DX8? lmao.

murankar

Staff member
Well I should have mentioned that too. But the thing was looking good.

Tony

Staff member
Wonder what I should do to my DX8 to set it apart from others... Yup, gears are turning...

murankar

Staff member
F that guy and paint it. If you can get the lights in the logo to cycle that would be cool too. That radio comes mostly done. Just needs a coat of paint.

Use a classic gm color.

Derek

I guess the way that I see it is this...the tx was yours. You are free to do whatever you want to an item that is yours. His opinion is just that..."his opinion".

Personally, I thought the color looked good!

Lee

I wonder what he would say about what i just did to my DX8?
Beat you to it Tony :D

Stambo

I wonder what he would say about what i just did to my DX8?
Beat you to it Tony :D

Pics or it didn't happen. :biggrin1:

Tony who cares what someone else thinks.
If you liked it that's what matters. :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
He posted pictures of his DX8. I'm not a fan of large flake, but it seemed to turn out pretty good.

And I just posted this to see what you guys thought. I can't win everything with everyone. Someone is going to hate. You should see my FB profile pic. It explains it all. but I can't post it here lmao.

Top Bottom